TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Extent of repression question...PLEASE READ

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jrnythpst Posted - 07/25/2006 : 17:59:45
Hi all,

I am having serious issues with my older sis and bro, they are making up lies about my father (they had a different father and he was very verbally and mentally abusive to his kids, but they are displacing this abuse and accusing my father of doing it). Anyway they are 10 and 12 years older than me (I have an even old brother too but he is fine and I am on good terms with him, he's 14 years older than me). Anyway I can't remember my older sis at all and I mean AT ALL from growing up. The memories with her in it start at the age of probably 12 or so. I was told she babysat me and my younger sister a good deal but have no memory of it what so ever. In fact, I can't remember anythying at all before the age of 7. As for the brother in mention, I only remember him calling me names, chasing me, scaring me with a wolf halloween mask, and his twirling me above his head and throwing me down on the bed and running out the door laughin hysterically and my chasing him and kicking him in the calves of his legs. That is the extent of my memories concerning the older siblings when they actually lived with me. It bothers me that I can't remember a single damn thing. I have fake memories (my sister telling me I ate her crayons, that I sleepwalked once, and that we supposedly hung out) plus I have those fake memories otherwise known as photographs. I see the pictures and know they must be true because I see them but don't remember squat.

My question is, if I am repressing someone sort of rage/discomfort/ill content or what have you with my sister or anything around 7 or before, would it be possible that all other memories would be locked under chain and key as well?

I forced myself to dream of my grandpa once and everything I dreamed I later verified which means at that time (high school) I could force memories in my dreams but it scared me so bad that I never tried again. It's just a whole big mess with my family right now, I am on the verge of wanting to disown the older sis and bro, they even told my mom's brother and now he's on the outs with his sister. I don't know why they can't see that they are lying or displacing their own rage/resentment from their own father to mine and why they can't see that they are severely hurting our mother. It's like they don't give a damn about anything or anyone besides themselves. They forgot about their life trials and hardships.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!

Hugs,
Ali Cat
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jrnythpst Posted - 07/27/2006 : 05:58:04
Thanks Jim! I hope you are right. I just found it odd I didn't remember anything at all. I hope you have a great day. I'm hoping that I won't need "real" therapy and that I can go this journey alone (and with the help of friends of course). I have too much medical bill expense built up as it is!!!! Thanks again.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
shocksystems Posted - 07/26/2006 : 18:34:20
Ali Cat:

This might no be much help, but.. For what it is worth , I have 4 sisters, we get along great. However I do not have many memories of my oldest sisters at all before I was 7. I just think at those ages I was focused on myself. I was a kid! So for what it is worth I do not think it is necessarily a sign that something sinister happened that you are trying to repress. As a child under 7 years old you were probably focused on yourself.

Cheers!

Jim

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000