TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Possible TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
iron511 Posted - 07/24/2006 : 21:25:00
I was wondering if anyone has similar symptoms to my own as they are a little different then that of typical TMS. Also if those that have been diagnosed think that i may possibly have tms at all. I'm currently 20 years old and bodybuild. The first instance of what seemed to be TMS was when i was about 15 and i would get very nauseous when stressed. Which for the longest time i thought there was somthing wrong with me, and i learned to get over that. My real pain first started with the lower back which lasted about 2 years. Which i assumed was from working out all the time, i had a (normal xray/mri) and tried everything from ortho to chiro and the Pain basically went away on its own as i continued to workout through it.

I currently have trapezius pain/tightness on my left side only. I have had this for about a year and a half and have tried 3 chiros, an ortho, PT, etc... and nothing. The weird thing about it is that when i dont workout the tightness and discomfort is almost not there, and i could be fine like that, but the second i start working out again, the symptoms come back strong and really bothers me all day long. Doctors have told my trap muscles are imbalanced and when i workout it goes into spasm and creates more problems because it pulls me into even worse posture (elevating one shoulder higher then the other). My personality is identical to those with TMS. Just wanted to see if anyone has any advice for me. I have read sarnos and sophers book so far. thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolf29 Posted - 07/25/2006 : 09:24:18
A couple of us here weight train and I've had lower back issues for over 3 years that I feel I'm finally getting under control. I've been told not to do certain exercises ever again but I have started doing them again pain free. When I babied my back it did no good. So now I'm working it in order to make it stronger.

I've also had tendonitis and pain in just one part of my body as well. Sometimes it could be strains but looking back I now feel it was usually TMS as now that my back is feeling better my right wrist is hurting pretty good. I didn't do anything wrong with it to hurt it as I'm carefuly when I weight train to keep good form and properly warm up. As TMS can move, I'm not worried about my wrist pain. It will pass and I keep working out.

Jay
iron511 Posted - 07/25/2006 : 05:58:24
Thanks for your reply Darko, I always warm up properly and use proper form, although you may have a point about the impressing part. I'm not trying to impress anyone with heavy weights, but my purpose in getting big and looking good might be an ego/ impressing others type thing. Maybe i have a fear of loosing my muscle or not being able to workout. The muscles in my traps although worse when i workout have that tightness and tenderness/triggerpoints when touched all the time even with weeks of not lifting and thats on both sides of my neck. When this first started the pain was actually on both sides and then it just moved to one side only. I've had other symptoms as well at the same time as this including knee pain which also seem to come about when i start working out again and disapeaer once i stop, and elbow pain with pinky spasms that i have under control now.
Darko Posted - 07/24/2006 : 21:50:09
I workout also, I find that diagnosis the quack gave you interesting. So what he's saying to you is that you are really different cause you have a muscle that going into a spasm when it does what it's supposed to do......and only that one muscle. You're a pretty special dude then. First things first, make sure you're not one of those guys that puts a squillion kg's of weights on and then swings around like a boofhead gorilla trying to look like you're huge............chicks don't dig it. That comes with BAD technique and you'll do yourself all sorts of crazy injuries. If you have good form and you give your muscles a chance to warm up before you hit the big weight your should be fine. Stretching is also important. Your symptoms smack of TMS, you might find it's tension related more so. When you're sitting and watching TV or driving do you find that you're tense? Shallow breathing? Is the muscle sore to touch even when it's recovered? One thing you should look into is when you're not working out and your muscle is not tense do you have any other symptoms? You remind me a little of myself when I was younger, so I'd say you're a TMSer. Hang in there, and don't get all beat up over it, cause it's fixable. Whats stressin you at 15, thought about that? Hope this helps

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000