TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Convinced my sinus problems are TMS...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Neil Sherwood Posted - 07/21/2006 : 05:43:32
In the past I have suffered various TMS related pain such as back pain, RSI, headaches etc which I have successfully treated with Dr Sarno's technique (I am a classic personality type). However it seems that my brain has now found the ultimate method of distraction, as I now suffer from debilitating sinus problems.

Initially, I believed I was suffering the symptoms of sinusitis, and have tried every medication under the sun, to little or no effect.

I am now convinced these sinus problems are just another way my brain is trying to distract me. Hence I have thrown away all my medication and am trying to convince myself these problems are "TMS" and not "Sinusitis". I think by labelling my problem as "Sinusitis", it has just made things worse.

During a stressful time at work last week, I had really bad sinus pain all day, and when I finally left work the symptoms went away completely. I cannot believe this is just a coincidence.

Does anybody else agree this is the best way for me to deal with this? Many thanks for any advice...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 07/22/2006 : 12:22:33
Go for it, Neil.

Karen, I used to have reaction to dairy products and got rid of it through the TMS approach. Don't worry about it now, though. Concentrate on the other stuff - no point in overwhelming yourself by tackling too many things at once.

Hilary N
miche Posted - 07/21/2006 : 20:29:48
SOMETIMES WHEN THE TOP OF MY SHOULDERS ARE VERY SORE AND TIGHT, I FEEL THE TIGHNESS IN MY NECK AND FACE, at such times I get bad sinus pain, and ear pain, all stress related for me.
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/21/2006 : 08:28:48
It sure couldn't hurt to treat this as TMS...Dr. Sarno and others do discuss allergies as a common TMS equivalent..I am not sure if that is the case all of the time, however...I have an allergy to dairy products..If I binge out on cheese, ice cream, etc..it will catch up with me and give me symptoms...But, who knows..that could also be TMS...Sinus meds can have side effects, dry mouth, drowsiness, etc...so maybe try to think Psychological and see if you can't beat it this way...I also sometimes try natural remedies when I get respiratory or sinus symptoms like echinacea, olive leaf extract, garlic, special breathing herbal teas, etc..They all work...Hope you feel better!
~Karen

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000