TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How about that inner child

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darko Posted - 07/18/2006 : 18:37:44
I read an interesting post by cjbdrm which got me thinking about my inner child. If it's the unconscious that our negative feelings are originating from, what can one do to stop it? Let me explain. I have to study loads as part of my job, and the job I'm in I no longer have passion for. My heart is somewhere else, and even though I'm making a transition, that might take a while. So in the mean time I need to pull my socks up and get on with my current career, and finish all my study. A year ago I met the woman of my dreams, we're going to get married and have babies blah blah mushy mushy. Deep down, I think I'm pissed that I'm studying all this dorky IT stuff when I want to be doin somethin else, also I love my girl so very much, but the changes I've been goin through are huge. Deep down I don't want to have kids for the next 5 years, but really I only have about 2, 3 tops before the missus starts to get punchy. (she just turned 30.....tick tock tick tock) I've been single for so long, and deep down I don't want all this responsibility. I think my inner child is totally wiggin out about all this. So what do I do, who do I turn too........I think it's even beyond the Ghostbusters help. Seriously how do I make my inner child ok with the life I'm leading, I don't want to battle that selfish little turd for the rest of my life. Hope this make sense, any ideas? Oh and I've ordered that book by Fred Amir, just waiting for it to arrive.

Cheers
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jrnythpst Posted - 07/19/2006 : 09:20:29
Makes sense Darko. My inner child is probably furious as I didn't allow it to be that much of a child when I was a child. I had to help take care of my younger sister (she is mentally handicapped, can't speak, and is now 26 but has the mentality of like a 5 yr old), plus my dad was/is (but meds control it better now) clinically depressed and had to watch what said and done around him growing up. There are many other reasons too but these are the two that prevail the most. That and not getting along with my dad as a young child and thus swearing to never drink or smoke ever...which I kept. I have never been drunk or tipsy and only smoked a very few cigarettes, honestly how can anyone get over the smell, taste and smoke to ever become addicted??????

Hugs,
Ali Cat
VladY Posted - 07/19/2006 : 08:35:10
Just wanted to say that I did not want the kids too. Now I have 2 daughters - and it's the best thing that ever happened in my life!
wolf29 Posted - 07/19/2006 : 07:35:22
I can relate to that inner child. I was single for a while, then got married which was an adjustment but we still were carefree for the most part. Then we had my daughter, which is my life, but that put a big demand on my time and put more responsibilities on me. I had to grow up although the inner (selfish) child did not want to.

I wouldn't trade anything for the wonderful child I have now, but my inner child still wants to be selfish and not be "put out" by responsibilities. May not be explaining it correctly but I think you can relate. Consciously I like my life and am grateful for what I have. Subconsciously I want to be doing something else and/or be somewhere else.

Not all the time, but at times when things get to stressful the inner child just wants run away. Silly I know, but it is what it is. All I can do is acknowledge that's part of my makeup and part of what causes me TMS. Knowing that and accepting it has made the pain much less overall.

Jay
Darko Posted - 07/18/2006 : 22:35:01
Thanks Dave,
it's funny how simply you put it. So if I just take on the persona of my inner child and examine all the things in my life I can identify any potential rage producers. So once you identify all of the issues, TMS no longer has a reason to be. Sounds too easy.........Thanks for the tip, I'll keep at it
Dave Posted - 07/18/2006 : 19:35:17
You can't make the inner child OK. He is a product of your unconscious and will always be there. All you can do is recognize and explore all the reason he is in a rage, and recognize and accept the symptoms are an attempt to prevent you from reaching those feelings.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000