TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Bizarre Dreams

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jrnythpst Posted - 07/16/2006 : 16:14:53
I am not sure if I am having bizarre dreams again after so many years due to neorintin/percocet, reading about tms, or starting to allow myself to let go of the perceived unconscious. I know that didn't really make much sense. I will try to explain.

I used to have nightmares a lot as a child, of which I only remember one where my older sister was riding our mule (yes mule, the best thing about them is that they are infertile) and she was tossed off and when she hit the ground turned into her giant stuffed ragedy ann doll. I later found out that she was tossed from the mule at one point and I wondered if my dream was actually partially my unconsious remembering what my conscious couldn't.

Then, I'd say in late elementary school, I learned to control my dreams. If I didn't like how a dream was going I could change it at any point during the dream. I got to where I couldn't go to sleep unless I started a dream concsiously to continue in sleep. Very occasionally a weird dream would get through. I masted this when I watched Nightmare on Elm St and Freddy Kreuger entered my dreams, well instead of being scared I befriended him and he killed off all my perceived enemeies (I feel sure I killed off cartoon characters I didn't like). I know how weird that makes me sound. LOL

Anyway since reading/viewing Sarno and starting on this forum and starting on the neurontin I have had many many strange and disturbing dreams. I haven't been sleeping much at all due to waking up from the dreams. Sometimes they are dreams inside of dreams, that is I wake up from one dream only to find I am still asleep when I wake up the second time.

This morning I had really weird dreams and then was wakened (for real) by a phone call on my cell phone, when I picked up it was some Indian, Arabic, HIndu (one of those type sounding langauges) talking away in an animated possibly upset tone. Needless to say that totally freaked me out after having just woken moments before thinking something jumped on the bed with me which startled me awake.

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions on this? I realize how this makes me feel but at this point I just want to get better and don't care how this makes me seem. (OK probably partially because I do not know any of you in real life. See I can be honest and I know I am a goodist.) Thanks in advance.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jrnythpst Posted - 07/18/2006 : 13:23:47
Yes I have had such weird phenomena too. Had friends tell me I had pyschic powers before...I'm not really into all that though. LOL If anyone wants more detail I will go into it (pref in email) but would prefer not. Interesting that several of us have similar things going on though.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
PeterW Posted - 07/18/2006 : 13:18:55
Hi Yowire,

Interesting to hear someone else having the same. With me they started scary, but awhile the images were as if I was floating around, looking down on land, coastlines, and whole cities, sometimes in extreme detail. I actually enjoyed these parts. I've always put it down to an overactive childhood imagination but some folks who are into such things have recently told me I must have been 'travelling' or having 'visions'.

Sounds like you're interpreting yours as a TMS equivalent?

Cant say I've really experienced the hypnopompic states you described on another thread.
yowire Posted - 07/17/2006 : 20:17:24
From PeterW,
quote:
One other dream curiousity - when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old I used to have vivid visual dreams, really more like hallucinations or visions, when lying wide awake at night. Totally vivid, totally in technicolour, staring at the ceiling, wide awake. Scary at first, but after a few months I just learned to lay back and enjoy what was like a free movie showing. Then after a year or two I stopped having them, and never thought much of it until recently as I cannot find any adults who admit experiencing the same.

Hi PeterW,
I had the same type of night hallucinations that you describe from my childhood into my teens. As soon as I started to just watch them and lose my fear of them they stopped.
Sound familiar?

Yowire

PeterW Posted - 07/17/2006 : 19:31:05
I've had spells of lucid dreaming, and being able to control them to a point, in the past as well. Also waking up (seemingly) but finding that I'm still dreaming happens quite often.

No doubt dreams can be a window into the unconcious, and I have kept dream logs in the past, but I really believe drugs can have quite an effect on them. A couple weeks on Tylenol 3 with codein proved that for me. Absolutely crazy, alive, colourful, moving, hideous, constantly morphing, monstrous images. So that may be more to do with altered brain chemistry than the workings of the unconcious. Then again, if that's really what's lurking down there, no wonder I can have extreme physical symptoms!

One other dream curiousity - when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old I used to have vivid visual dreams, really more like hallucinations or visions, when lying wide awake at night. Totally vivid, totally in technicolour, staring at the ceiling, wide awake. Scary at first, but after a few months I just learned to lay back and enjoy what was like a free movie showing. Then after a year or two I stopped having them, and never thought much of it until recently as I cannot find any adults who admit experiencing the same.
jrnythpst Posted - 07/17/2006 : 14:00:37
I have always had very detailed, very colorful, very realistic (ast least to a point) lucid dreams and had always assumed that everyone did until my parents said they dream in black and white when/if they dream.

neuronint is a nerve pain med I take at night at the lowest doese

percocet is a narcotic that I take curently at the lowest dose three times daily....just enough to keep me functioning right now. I don't like depending on meds, never have and never will.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Tunza Posted - 07/17/2006 : 13:42:48
quote:
Then, I'd say in late elementary school, I learned to control my dreams. If I didn't like how a dream was going I could change it at any point during the dream. I got to where I couldn't go to sleep unless I started a dream concsiously to continue in sleep.

Wow, lucid dreaming! That's something that's always facscinated me.

What is neorintin/percocet?

Tunza
Tunza Posted - 07/17/2006 : 13:41:29
quote:
Then, I'd say in late elementary school, I learned to control my dreams. If I didn't like how a dream was going I could change it at any point during the dream. I got to where I couldn't go to sleep unless I started a dream concsiously to continue in sleep.

Wow, lucid dreaming! That's something that's always facscinated me.

What is neorintin/percocet?

Tunza

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000