TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Drugs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jgluski Posted - 06/22/2006 : 15:34:29
So during my whole epsiode I just started taking Zolft about 12 days ago and take half a klonopin to sleep at night (althought I'm not getting more than 4 hours sleep a night) It seems to knock me put for a bit but then I wake right up.

I've never been on drugs in my life and don't want to stay on them too long. Has anyone had problems coming off Zoloft before?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miche Posted - 06/23/2006 : 16:05:36
I hope you do not think it is presumptuous of me to put in my two cents, I am not a therapist and unlike a lot of people on this site I am not well educated, heck my mastery of the English language leaves to be desired, I type with two fingers so I am no expert on any subject , I just wanted to share my experience in the hope that you get something out of it, I remember the anxiety, it leaves one with a fear that it may return one day, I had a lot of physical symtoms at the time also, muscle pain , stomach pain etc, seems it was not enough to occupy my thoughts anymore as I was used to the pain, the anxiety was a lot worst than any pain I ever experienced and it took over my life, no fun.....
miche Posted - 06/23/2006 : 15:54:16
This is not a high dosage so it should not cause much in the way of side effects, it may be just enough to take the edge of the anxiety that is plaguing you ,and give you a chance to apply the tms cure, I used to obsess about my problems to the point where my mind never got a break, even in the middle of the night I would wake up and the first thing that I would think of was the problem at hand, now I see it as a form of tms, the thought obsession leading to anxiety, the anxiety taking over my life, after a while I was so busy dealing with the anxiey that I had no energy left to solve the cause of it all, which at the time was caused by not wanting to face the fact that I was in a bad relationship and making excuses for my partner as the thought of being alone was just too scary. How could I ask him to leave when I needed him to take me to the hospital for a panic attack, one day he went too far and I decided that I could take myself to the hospital if need be, that happened within two days of his departure, I did just fine took charge of my life and eventually the anxiety went away, I did not need it as a distraction anymore once I face the fact that I had made a bad error in judgment concerning him. Bottom line, anxiety can so time consuming that it robs you of the ability to look for what lays behind it, emotions too scary to face. I am not saying this is the case for you but that it was for me and I am happy this nightmare is over, anxiety is horrible
jgluski Posted - 06/23/2006 : 10:06:51
Thanks. I do feel a bit numb emotionally but my head has stopped cycling... which it was like crazy before and I couldn't stop over analyzing the truma that I have just gone though.

My anxiety is slowly subsiding, but my life is stablizing too so its hard to separate everything.

I am on 25MGs taking about 50 total a day.
miche Posted - 06/22/2006 : 22:09:51
ONE MORE THING, your insomnia could be caused by the zoloft, if it is it should settled down as you get used to the drug, I was very anxious at the beginning of the treatment, after a while I slept like a baby.
miche Posted - 06/22/2006 : 22:05:50
I was given zoloft for fibro many years ago, after a year or so I started to put on a lot of weight which is typical of being on these drugs, my blood sugar went up, never mind that I also felt like all my emotions had gone out the window, I was neither happy nor unhappy, just kind of flat in that department, so I decided to wean myself off, I did research and found out that contrary to what a lot of physicians believe one can experience withdrawals from getting off too quickly, as slow as I did it I could still feel the effects, so I suggest that you do it under a doctor's guidance, one who believes that it must be done slowly. I must admit that I felt my best when I got down to the lowest dose, it might have been 50 mgr, and I have regretted not having stayed at that dose as it works as a painkiller, also I had begun to lose the weight at that dosage, I was probably on a dosage of 150 mgr when I decided to wean off, way too high for me, sometimes these drugs are necessary and everyone reacts differently, but I would still recommend that you get off under supervision when the time comes.I am curious , have you experienced any side effects from it so far and what dosage did they start you on? From what I know from different people and from all I read zoloft is probably one of the better ones to be on as far as side effects, effexor being the most difficult one to get off from. Hope you feel better soon.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000