TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 thinking of going to the gym Saturday

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 06/22/2006 : 11:46:12
I miss hearing from all the wonderful people who replied to me previously..Hope this finds you all doing well..I am healing but slow...I am waiting for Amir's and Sopher's books to arrive in the mail soon...I am reading Divided Mind and trying to think Psychological as much as I can...I still have to sit down and do the written work...I am thinking alot about forgiveness and how important it is to forgive everyone from my past including Myself! Not sure how that fits into acknowledging the repressed anger yet...Mentally I am in a more hopeful space, but the neck is still quite locked up...Cannot look up yet at all and all directions are very tight...THinking of having my roomie drive me carefully to the gym on Saturday and wait while i work out my lower body...I miss the gym soooo much! I have some fear around going mostly because of being in the car there, ie..the bumps, starts/stops, etc...But i am going to push through and Go! I am walking 15 minutes a day and my eating has been great...however the past few days it is a bit shakey probably due to the stress of speaking with my ex fiance...In any case, I want to BEAT THIS TMS for good! I so wish I were one of the people who just spontaneously gets well from reading the books, but i am not...I am still struggling a bit with wondering if I will need physical therapy to get movement back in my neck..It has been almost a month now that I am in this condition...Any messages are welcome..I love to hear from everyone..I feel quite lonely in Vegas and even more lonely with the TMS...Your letters help alot...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 06/22/2006 : 17:05:35
THANX so much ACL...your replies always help me sooo very much...I am grateful!!! :))
armchairlinguist Posted - 06/22/2006 : 16:46:17
Hi Karen,

It is great you are thinking of going to the gym. When I was having pain that always made me feel better -- should have been my first clue of something funny going on since I could use the machines there but not walk or run! :-)

My experience was that as soon as I started feeling better, I no longer needed any kind of physical therapy, and p. therapy did not help at all. When you are able to really get into the mindset that there is nothing wrong with your neck, it will loosen up without help, most likely.

Another note: I think there has been some discussion on the board about forgiveness before. Sometimes trying to be forgiving can interfere with identifying and acknowledging repressed anger. Forgiveness is great in good time, but you may not want to focus on it right now. Compassion, though, I've found really helpful, mainly in being compassionate toward myself that things are tough and I'm having trouble dealing with them, but also toward others, because it doesn't exclude being angry in the way that forgiveness does.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000