TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New to TMS - burning feet a symptom?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spiderbaby Posted - 06/20/2006 : 18:37:33
I am just learning about TMS. I possibly have this condition. Does anyone experience burning pain in their feet or face? I am wondering if this symptom fits TMS. Thanks!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chicago Posted - 06/21/2006 : 20:19:44
Yes! Its the fear that's the hardest to get over. I will go on knowing and accepting that its TMS and then I will get fearful about some event I'm attending and the pain starts. Sometimes I catch myself other times the pain comes full force and I doubt the dx of TMS. After the pain has retreated I regroup. That has been the pattern for me lately. I guess its part of the process. Anyway its very comforting to hear from someone who has gotten better. Thanks!
dwinsor52 Posted - 06/21/2006 : 19:43:20
It helped me to think of it as mild oxygen deprivation that was affecting my nerves. I actually had this terrible sunburned, hypersensitive to touch, feeling ALL OVER. It was especially in my feet, but I also had it in my hands, trunk, arms. etc. etc. It hurt to have any of my clothes touch me, but especially any kind of socks and most shoes. I hated the winter because I had to wear socks. I suffered terrible despair over this. I longed for back pain or hip pain to come back. This was my final manifestation of TMS and it completely overtook my body.
I was given antidepressants, neurontin, beta blockers to increase circulation, etc, etc. etc. To no avail.

Despite the daily, minute by minute pain, you HAVE to believe TOTALLY that it is TMS and nothing else. It takes VERY Hard work. It is NOT instantaneous. My last bout was a year and a half ago and I stopped it but it took a few months. I kept reading the books and watched the Sarno video. I had to have faith that this would get better. I was very uncomfortable. It takes a while for the unconscious to absorb and integrate the new information.

I can honestly say that I wanted to die with this burning, tender sensation. Today I am competely unafraid of it, and I think that's why it doesn't come back.
Hope this helps.
Debby
chicago Posted - 06/21/2006 : 18:25:37
I also experience burning pain in my feet. I have had several dx after seeing numerous doctors and have tried many different physical treatments and medications.(nine years) It's only when I read Dr. Sarno and considered the possibility of a mind-body connect did I find relief. In the last six months I have made great progress, but I do have my days like today where I get very frustrated because of pain and doubt. I just hope if one stays the course that things will resolve.

Debby,

Its great to hear that things have cleared up for you. Did you explore various treatemnts before realizing it was TMS? What if any DX were you given? I was told I had neuropathy, fybermyalgy (sp), tarsal tunnel, Plantar fascitis, minor nerve irritation Had tired neurotin, elavil- highest doses with no relief- this kind of indicated to me that the dx of a nerve related cause was all wrong following Dr. Sarno's philosophy has brought relief. However I continue to go up and down in my recovery. Staying the course I find is difficult.
Singer_Artist Posted - 06/21/2006 : 14:58:46
I have had burning in my shoulders and down my arms coming from nerves in my neck..and this is considered TMS too...The tendons and nerves are involved in many cases of TMS...It is just another distraction the brain uses to keep us from feeling those horrible unconscious feelings! I am still working on accepting that I have TMS and it isn't structural..Nerve related symptoms are quite scary and daunting..but they are TMS too...I am working on convincing myself of this also..I get tingling and twitching as well as having a startle reflex wherein sudden noises make me jump...Wild what the body will do and what lengths the brain goes to in order to distract us from what is really going on...
Robbie Posted - 06/21/2006 : 14:26:42
truenorth, i am having the same problem of trying to ignore it and get beyond the pain b/c the pain is constant. For 1.5 years now, no releif even for a min. How do you tell your body to ignore that and it's not structural or real when it is never stops! Trying to figure this all out!

Debby, was your pain all in your feet? did the burning ever move around in your foot/ankle?
truenorth Posted - 06/21/2006 : 14:02:05
I've had burning and tingling in both feet, as well as extreme sensitivity to touch (I cannot wear socks, even in the coldest weather). I saw Sarno in NY about this in the fall of 2003 and again just a few weeks ago. He told me both times it was TMS and I believe him. He wants me to call him in a few weeks and give him an update. I think I'm more than ready for psychotherapy.

I've found it very hard to ignore this kind of pain, as it is constant. The painkillers Sarno prescribed for me did nothing to relieve the symptoms because it is nerve pain.
dwinsor52 Posted - 06/21/2006 : 13:09:26
I had this symptom for a few years, including such tenderness on my feet that I couldn't wear shoes except flip flops. It is totally TMS and it has gone.
Hope this helps
Debby
Robbie Posted - 06/20/2006 : 20:33:51
Spiderbaby, I am new to all of this too, but I have terrible foot pain and one of the ways I would describe it is as burning. I get the burning on the bottom of my feet in the arch and heel and in the inner ankle on one foot. It is very severe. I believe Sarno mentions burning as a TMS "symptom" in his book. Others can probably speak better to this as I am new to this and learning about TMS as well. Does your burning move from one foot to the other or is it in both feet? Does it come and go or is it constant?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000