TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 so much TMS work to do, finding a balance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 06/19/2006 : 10:53:44
I am feeling so determined to rise about my TMS...However, when I think of the treatment plan homework...ie...the lists of things that ever angered you, the life pressures, etc...i feel a bit overwhelmed..Guess it is the perfectionist in me feeling that until i do it ALL PERFECTLY i won't recover...I have been reading, and thinking psychologically, as well as using this wonderful forum..All of these things help..But i recal a year and a half ago when i had the last bad bout with this that i started all the writing but never completed it..IT was so draining and was scary to see HOW MANY people I was angry with! As a Christian I try my best to think WWJD in all my affairs and not hurt anyone...I also WANT TO FORGIVE, but some it is hard sometimes, esp. when the person or people you are upset with sometimes continue the same behaviors! I am refering to my only sister who is 9 years older and has never been there for me, yet expects me to be there for her and i have been...I am striving for balance in all my relationships and dealings...I also need to find a balance between doing the necessary work to recover from TMS and not getting stressed out about that as well!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 06/19/2006 : 14:07:02
thanx Tom...I sold a painting and put aside enough for hopefully a few session with Don Dubin...I am working to sell more so i can raise more money..I really want to work with someone who is an expert in TMS...I am getting better, thank you. But, it changes soooo much even in the course of like a few hours, or minutes! I am tighter now then i was a few hours ago...been thinking about my ex fiance since we spoke on the phone..so i am sure that has something to do with it..We are trying to be 'friends' and the phone conversation was 'friendly' but..i still have some left over feelings for him and he is talking about moving to my fav town in NJ! Red Bank! If i didn't have the money issue, even with the TMS in almost full flare up, i would seriously consider moving to Red Bank,,NJ..I am so homesick..but also realize that "Whereever you go, there you are!" Brought the pics of my parents into my room..The other day i was looking at them and sobbing my eyes out...They both died 16 yrs ago and i miss them terribly...I know Sarno talks alot about ANGER but i think SADNESS is just as important..how about you?
tennis tom Posted - 06/19/2006 : 11:21:07
S-A,

When, you are feeling so overwelmed by your TMS, that you can no longer function, then it is time to get help from a TMS psycho-therapist--I've been there.

If you can't afford Don Dubin, at $150 an hour, perhaps you can find a faith-based therapist, through your church, who could help you for free or on a sliding scale.

You do sound much better than a few days ago, now that you are focusing more on your emotional issues, like the realtionship with your sister, versus focusing on your neck strength.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000