TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Psychotherapist?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lawpoop Posted - 04/25/2006 : 21:11:47
Hey folks --

I am looking for a TMS-oriented psychotherapist in the Columbus, Ohio area.

I have been dealing with migraines, back pain, insomnia, exhaustion, and IBS for about 10 years. I have visited various doctors who can't pinpoint any problem. After reading Sarno's book, It seems clear to me that I have TMS. Now that I am trying to deal with the original emotions that are causing these symptoms, and I am not having fun ;) A lot of emotions from my childhood and adolescence that I never processed and never talked with anyone about are interrupting my everyday life. Which is better than headaches, I guess.

I think visiting a TMS doctor would be an unnecessary confirmation of what I already know. I think I would like to go ahead and see a psychotherapist about my emotional issues.

Does this seem like the right idea?

How do various professionals from the 'counseling' fields feel about TMS? My concern is that I would hook up with a pill-pusher who is uninterested in following up a TMS diagnosis.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Curiosity18 Posted - 04/25/2006 : 22:36:49
lawpoop,

One suggestion would be to contact the Cincinnati Analytic Institute (since Sarno believes that TMS therapists should have an analytic or psycodynamic orientation). They could probobaly refer you to someone in Columbus. Then loan your therapist a copy of Sarno's book.
Hope this helps!

curiosity
2scoops Posted - 04/25/2006 : 22:21:14
I'm from Ohio also, I live in Dayton. when it comes to anything regarding TMS in this state, were pretty much out of luck. Someone posted think link http://www.apsa.org/ before. You may want to look up a therapist around Columbus.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000