TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 reversal??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chicago Posted - 04/20/2006 : 16:07:14
I find that when I get extrememly anxious/feafful I get these very annoying burning sensations, sometimes in my legs, back, and/or feet.
It seems to move around from day to day. (classic TMS) I know TMS theory says the pain is caused by blood restriction. But I also feel that stress hormones amy be released and that there is some kind of weird electrical activity that goes on. If a person suffers with chronic pain and a pattern has been set within ones body systom,
do people feel that it can be reversed or is forever changed? At this point I might seem very negative. In fact I've taken many steps forward but recently I've taken a huge step backward. A person in my family who I am very close to is on the verge of death and I've had a terrible week. Just trying to get back on track, but I can't get off the thought that once your body goes into a chronic pain phase its nearly impossible to change. Maybe my body has become overly sensitized. However I have experienced pain free days but I can't seem to hang on to them. Any thoughts, words of encouragement, or a kick in the butt would be appreciated. I also worry that years of chronic stress may catch up to me. (heart attack,stroke etc.)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chicago Posted - 04/26/2006 : 21:21:12
Thanks for the replies. I have found many of the suggestions helpful. Lately I've been practicing deep breathing. When I exhale I imagine letting go of my anxiety with one breath, with the next my fear, and so on and so on. It seems to help. I've had two good days but I alyways seem to hit a bad patch sooner or later. It never seems to be just over. I guess its just a process, a frustrating one.
vikki Posted - 04/23/2006 : 22:14:49
Hi chicago,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. But yes, it *is* possible to recover from a chronic pain pattern. You *are* overly sensitized to certain triggers -- but you can desensitize yourself.

I've found that gutting through something can actually help if you do it with the right attitude. When I've forced myself to do things despite pain, I found that the pain got better. I think the key was that after doing the activity, I would tell myself how great it was that I DID it despite the pain and fear, and that the pain couldn't stop me from doing something I wanted to do. I would actually do activities and tell "the pain" to do its worst -- that I'd persevere and do it anyway. That really did a lot to diminish my fear of the pain.

Best,
Vikki
Special One Posted - 04/21/2006 : 19:26:04
Chicago,
I, too, get the burning sensation. I think it is lactic acid that is released with anxiety. It is described in "Mind Over Back Pain." It happens to me most around the time of my period. It is tms related and so I don't get scared about it anymore, and it has gotten more mild now that it's losing it's power. Keep up the effort. I find it really helping me.
HilaryN Posted - 04/21/2006 : 11:45:44
chicago,

I’m sorry for your crisis.

I know it’s disheartening when you feel you’re not in control of the pain.

It seems to me that the important thing right now is to deal with your sorrow: let yourself feel it fully. Try and concentrate on that rather than the pain.

Hilary N
chicago Posted - 04/20/2006 : 18:30:19
JUst a recent update. My son is in soccer and the coach asked me to help out tonight since his assistant couldn't make it. Even though I'm going through a crisis right now and feeling lots of pain I helped out. I made it through feeling ok most of the time and the times I didn't I told myself I'm just scared of the pain. The point is I did it however when I got home it sank in and I started to have pain. Has anyone gutted through something and the TMS gremlin made you pay afterwards?? I feel so down because I tell myself negative messages lke how come I can't help coach without paying for it. I coached other parents kids for years but when it comes to just helping out I'm paying for it. How do I get back on track. Sometimes I feel like this will never end. It affects all partds of my life and I'm especially feeling bad right now because of someone close to me on the verge of death. Last week I wrote in my journal that I thought I licked this thing, I was on top of the world. Does anyone find themselves on a rollercoaster with this TMS? How do you stay even keel?? I really need some input. I know I'll pull out but right now I'm just in a bad spot.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000