TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cjbdrm Posted - 04/20/2006 : 08:36:55
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bonnie Posted - 04/22/2006 : 09:53:27
Hi, Bonnie here. I was doing really well before the move, I had very little pain for nearly a year, except when I had to deal with my family. I even had the migraines under control and the palpitations stopped for nearly eight months. They started up again after I moved but only to a mild degree and I sorted them out, I knew what they were, it was just a trick to distract me from how angry I was. Things got fouled up during the move and I ended up paying more and being under a lot more stress than I had counted on, so once I got here the PTSD/TMS kicked in big time, and so did the pain once I convinced myself that the palpitations were 'same old same old' and had no basis in fact at all. That says a lot, that if one distraction didn't work it went on to another and than another, that is definitely TMS.
The upper back and shoulder pain is still making itself felt but that's because I'm still in the adjustment phase here. And it stopped and shifted to another area when I re-read HBP yesterday, but it's not half as painful and I just have to keep the reality of how anxious I am at being in a new place front and center instead of allowing my mind to bury it and pretend I'm just fine.
It's absurd and so telling that I didn't feel a thing during the move and while packing and unpacking, no muscle pain at all and believe me I was looking for it and waiting for it, but once I sort of settled in there it was.
Gevorgyan, I think it's because our minds were distracted and focused on something else and the sillyness from the subconscious couldn't get through that the pain or whatever stopped. Once I had settled all the busywork my mind didn't have anything to block out the fears and anger that I was feeling about various things and the pain and other gremlins started up again. But I know it can be stopped, I did it before and I can do it again and this time it won't take as long.
Bonnie
Becca Posted - 04/22/2006 : 09:03:37
I was doing the anesthesia for a patient who was having surgery for spinal cord compression. Her arms and legs were numb and getting pregressively weaker prior to the surgery. that night I was relaxing and reading a novel when I noticed that both of my arms were getting numb. In the past I would have really gotten anxious, but I was able to realize waht it was.-R
HilaryN Posted - 04/22/2006 : 04:02:24
I often fall asleep when I'm trying to open up to emotions. (Not that I try do it very often due to time constraints.) It doesn't help that I'm lying down - but I find that the most comfortable position. I accept that it could be a strategy of the mind to keep repressing.

btw it's a good technique to use when I'm having problems sleeping at night...!

Hilary N
gevorgyan Posted - 04/21/2006 : 22:45:30
I will repete once more: playing with the mind can be dangerous.
While you have flare up during reading why do continue?
It is much better to practice some sport or active life (I before last holidays, together with my husb. we painted house-I was hard working from early morning to late night-and I had had power to to it-how come?)
Bonnie, I had similar experience, but not with getting sleepy-my eyes got so tired, that I was not able to read any more- only with that book.
Lot of us here know Sarno by heart, and nothing is happend, "the key" is in us, not in book.
m
n/a Posted - 04/21/2006 : 16:31:06
Beacuse you have TMS and it is being exposed by the books so up goes the pain to distract you!!!!!!! Brilliant brain of yours is playing tricks on you..........
lilykins Posted - 04/21/2006 : 15:55:34
I get pain when I read the books. Even when I didn't have pain when I sat down.
Bonnie Posted - 04/21/2006 : 15:38:25
Hi cjbdrm, I was reluctant to mention this on the board because it sounds crazy but almost every time I sit down to read Healing Back Pain or Dr. Sarno's other books, including the new one, I get so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open. I've tested it, when I really need to refresh my memory on TMS I can be wide awake and ready to rock and the minute I sit down to read it my eyes droop and my brain turns to cotton wool and I can barely stay awake, if I put it down and grab another book I'm wide awake again. It's gotten to the point where there are times when I read Sarno standing up. It's like my subconscious does not want me to know there is a way out and it starts shutting things down. There you go, crazy but true.
I really needed to read the whole book again because I just moved into a place of my own, miles away from where I lived before, and I have no support system here yet. My TMS was working overtime but I've got it calmed down a bit now.
All we can do is just keep believing and work right through the road blocks.
Bonnie
gevorgyan Posted - 04/21/2006 : 06:33:50
why, drziggles, why...?
I was so happy with your pc approach.
I was so encouraged with the idea of reset mind or anty-vir.
drziggles Posted - 04/20/2006 : 15:23:52
Ha ha ha... :)

Ok, I'll admit it.
gevorgyan Posted - 04/20/2006 : 10:44:47
so dziggles, you do admit that we have enemy in head, not spoiled pc?
drziggles Posted - 04/20/2006 : 09:26:46
Bingo. Gotta fight through it, or your unconscious wins... Usually it is a good sign, means you have the TMS on the ropes.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000