TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 male pattern baldness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
westcoastram Posted - 04/18/2006 : 23:19:58
I hope the subject doesn't seem lighthearted or too far fetched but as a reader and just recently joined member... I was wondering if anyone had ever thought there might be a connection (an equivalency)between TMS and male pattern baldness.

Some have linked hair loss to stress and there have been many studies that linked anxiety about male pattern baldness to the acceleration of the process.

I am a man in his late 20s who's had light-to-moderate hair loss and I find it interesting that the first time I started to notice my hair loss was shortly before I had what I now consider my first "bought" with TMS.

I should also mention that my hair loss doesn't fit the predominant type of male pattern baldness as the thinning has mainly been in the front of the scalp as opposed to the back.

Just wondered if there were any thoughts on this. I am planning to use the same techniques that I use on my TMS on my scalp and just sit back and see.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 04/21/2006 : 11:29:06
Go for it!

Hilary N
art Posted - 04/19/2006 : 16:46:58
Forget it. If you're destined for baldness, then bald you will be. Maybe stress can accelerate the process some, but this is essentially a hormonal thing over which you've no control. There are some products you can try. Propecia (sp?) is one.
buster_lo Posted - 04/19/2006 : 11:02:27
You know, I never thought of that, though I have been losing my hair since before I started having back pain. Then again, I'm lucky enough to have a beautifully round skull, so I just shave all that hair stuff off.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000