TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Grinberg Method

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bobley Posted - 02/16/2006 : 23:46:46
http://www.grinbergmethod.com/index.html

Has anyone tried this? I was reading a book unrelated to TMS that mentioned this in passing. The context led me to immediately see a connection between this and TMS. Any thoughts? I know it goes against Sarno’s don’t focus on the physical, but it might help for some. It also might help keep things from getting repressed in the first place.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jim1999 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 22:50:25
quote:
Originally posted by bobley

I know it goes against Sarno’s don’t focus on the physical, but it might help for some. It also might help keep things from getting repressed in the first place.

I don't understand why you think that a physical treatment would help to prevent emotions from being repressed. Prevention would require some type of psychological treatment. I'm with Dave and Fox on this one.

Jim
Dave Posted - 02/17/2006 : 09:51:30
I need not look further than the images on this site to conclude that the process is not compatible with TMS.

Any focus on the physical, even if it's purpose is supposedly emotional, is contradictory to Dr. Sarno's theory. One must accept that the pain is psychogenic and thus no physical therapy is appropriate.
Fox Posted - 02/17/2006 : 07:00:10
I skimmed the site. Does seem to focus too much on the physical. Also didn't see any evidence based outcome statistics mentioned. Why waste time on this when you could devote that time to the purist Sarno approach?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000