TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I swear by Sarno that the pain will go away

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mala Posted - 02/16/2006 : 03:32:19
Hi everyone. Its been a long time since I posted though I still read the posts from time to time. There are so many newcomers to the forum -it is heartening to see so many go the Sarno way. I wish you all the best in your recovery. I see also that many of the 'oldies' like me haven't been posting much and I hope that it's becoz they have recovered and moved on.

I have been doing very well. Sarno has been a life saver . It worked where everthing else failed so those who have any doubt- believe in him and hang in there. There is no doubt in my mind that you will see results.

Just a quick recap and update. I couldn't sit for more than 5 mins and this went on for years. My life revolved around my back and I had given up everything that I used to enjoy including travelling. Now i can sit on a plane for 12 hours at a stretch-no problem.

So this morning I'm putting on my high heel boots to go to work (couldn't have worn high heels 5 yrs ago) .When I staighten up, my back spasms big time and I can't move so I stand there and go Oh No!
My husband says what happened and I said 'back'. He looked at me and I looked at him, then I took a deep breath and started to move. It hurt like hell but I kept going. Husband says go to bed. I said I'm going to work in my boots and then I told my brain I'm not scared and I want this pain gone soon.

What a difference! 2 years ago I would have gone straight back to bed, called a doctor/physio/chiro/ masseuse/ quack anyone. That has all changed. I went to work and I'm now home. The back is still very sore but I'm not letting it rule me anymore. I'm off to see Alan Bennent's play The History Boys now and when I post tomorrow, the pain will have gone- I'm sure.

How's that for Sarno.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miehnesor Posted - 02/19/2006 : 18:31:54
Mala- Sounds like you have it under control.

As for me- I am getting better very slowly but steadily. Lots of individual therapy is doing the trick. I do the same thing in therapy over and over again still feeling the unconscious fear and the rage underneath it. It truely feels like there are two minds in my head. My conscious one which feels pretty ok and basically fine and my unconsious one which is scared to death of the rage. Over time i've noticed that the fear is slowly diminishing and with it the symptoms are receeding.

When I look back over the last year and a half I realize that i've made substantial progress on this beast.
Stryder Posted - 02/18/2006 : 22:36:57
Hi mala,

Doing great. LBP is history, some TMJ and minor tinnitus I'm still working on.

Sounds like you have a small incident under control. Good for you keep up the good work.

By the way...

I overhead someone at work last week saying...

"...yea and I've had this back pain for 20 years now and I'm going to call the surgeon tomorrow and go under the knife since I got this herniated disc last year..."

...and I'm thinking 'oh my gosh - DONT DO IT! 20 years and NOW the knife?'. So I loaned my copy of HBP and I expect it will be well received.

No Fear!

Take care, -Stryder
mala Posted - 02/18/2006 : 18:55:00
The pain is less and the muscles around the back are still tight. I've been taking some pain killers. It's not stopping me from doing things and even though I 'm still a bit sore and stiff I feel liberated that I no longer fear this thing. What a relief it is. The pain you can deal with -it's the fear of the pain that is depressing.
How about you two guys? Hope things have been well for you too.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Stryder Posted - 02/18/2006 : 18:47:53
Hi mala,

There are many of us who are still here but don't post too often.

Yes, my attitude towards brief acute attacks is completely different these days. A couple days ago I had a sharp pain in my neck that then went down my arm to the fingers. So, I say to myself, "whatever", and just go on as if nothing had happened.

Years ago I would have been catastrophizing about the whole thing and work myself into a frenzy over-analyzing what might be "wrong".

I've learned so much.

Take care, -Stryder
miehnesor Posted - 02/17/2006 : 13:37:40
Good to hear from an old timer. How is the flareup the day after?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000