TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMJ and unilateral throat muscle tightness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FlyByNight Posted - 02/14/2006 : 21:03:33

Quick questions for you guys ...

First question : Has anyone experienced TMJ problems with unilateral throat muscle stiffness (right side on left side only ?). I use the term THROAT and not neck because I refer to the deep muscles located in the throat (in front of the neck which are involved in swallowing and that usually contracts with tongue movements). I am not refering to the muscles located un the back of the neck. I am asking this question because these muscles are not usually identified to be part of the areas commonly affected by Neck TMS. Is there anyone who had success releasing deep throat muscles from their tensed state using TMS approach solesy (without mouth guard , tongue reeducation, etc)?

Second question : I find relating TMJ and TMS quite tricky to me for the following reason: teeth malocclusion is almost always associated to the TMJ cracking and pain and is often described as the main cause of the TMJ dysfunction and muscle spasms. On the other hand, it makes also sense to me that if TMS can induce deep throat muscle tension on one side of the neck, this situation will eventually lead to teeth malocclusion, but as a consequence and not the cause.

As I am struggling with unilateral throat tension since 10 years (without pain) and I am now experiencing very severe debilitating unilateral pain on the same neck side, Any comment from you would be appreciated and would help me to go further in my TMS fighting.

Cheers

Pat

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000