TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 myers-briggs personality test

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
samthefish Posted - 02/10/2006 : 11:51:50
I was reading a book called "type talk" yesterday that went into the myers-briggs personality classifications. I had heard about this several years back, and informally classified myself using the book as an INFP. In a nutshell the INFP classification seemed to resonate with the "perfectionist", "goodist" attributes of a TMSer.

The real eye opener is that in the book they said that this type of person has high standards but is outwardly placid and easy-going looking, and because of their inability to impose their high standards get many stress induced illnesses like colitis (a TMS equivilent according to Sarno)

I'd be interested if any other TMSers know their Myers-Briggs profile and could post them here. There is an informal tool to give you an idea at the link below.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Thanks, SamTheFish
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tunza Posted - 02/11/2006 : 20:35:21
I scored myself as an INFJ but I would think any personality type can generate TMS because we are all human beings and just to survive in society you have to repress your inner child or otherwise we wouldn't get along together. In fact it would be chaos.

Maybe there are just differences in what causes conflict or what things are more enraging for each type and depending on what happens in their life.

We humans do like to classify things and I enjoy doing things like personality tests because they make me feel better that there are other people out there who have the same struggles that I do.

Tunza
Jim1999 Posted - 02/10/2006 : 22:54:46
I took the Myers-Briggs assesment years ago and came out an INTJ...strong on the I and T, not too strong for the N and J. Of the four positions, I think the first letter may be the most important for TMS. Repressing emotions is more of an I (introverted) behavior than an E (extroverted) behavior. Of course, we're not purely one or the other, so extroverted people can still repress emotions and suffer TMS.

Jim
ralphyde Posted - 02/10/2006 : 17:38:34
I'm also an INFP. I used to be a student of Carl Jung. Here are a couple more websites that deal with these "personality types."

http://www.typelogic.com/
http://www.personalitypage.com/home.html

Ralph
Carolyn Posted - 02/10/2006 : 13:10:11
I took Myers-Brigg assesment about two years ago as part of some career re-evaluating. I just looked it up and I was scored as a ESTJ- the exact oppostite of INFP. I don't know if it means anything, I was actually very close to the mid-line on everything except the E where I showed a 'very clear' leaning for extraversion. Probably why my last career wasn't the best fit for me .

Carolyn

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000