TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 PROGRESS AND MOVING TOWARDS THE CURE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dctexman Posted - 02/08/2006 : 20:17:05
Hello all, this is Todd in Texas and I have posted here a few times but read here often. I have been dealing with TMS on and off over the years but this last episode was the toughest yet. I finally GOT IT!!! and have been doing the work,ie. reading the books, self talk,psychotherapy,resuming physical activity and learning how to stay in the "now". I just wanted to let you all know that I really appreciate your words and the sharing of your personal experinces. It has been very helpful to know that you are out there and there is a place for me to go and read and chat with others who are dealing with the same thing. I am certainly not here to preach or boast of my progress, I just wanted to share my experience as it may help others. I was NOT one of the quick fix type people at all !!! This journey has been long and difficult yet very rewarding in the long run. I have learned so much about myself, my emotional side, the connection between my emotions and my un conscious mind, and best of all how I can use that knowledge to cure myself. I have been dealing with TMS in the form of low back ,butt,and siatica pain and I have finally got the true meaning and understanding of TMS. I have been applying it and re programming my brain and learning all I can about my emotions and their relationship with my mind and the entire mindbody connection. It has been a slow road full of doubts and ups and downs before I finally have made real significant progress that has stayed with me. I just wanted to share with you all how important it is to truly "GET IT" and to stop resisting TMS and accept and surrender to it. By accept and surrender i don't mean that you must give in and stop fighting the battle, but that you must stop fighting the fact that you have TMS and accept and surrender to the cause of your symptoms. THEN you must keep you mind in the right place and continue to stay focused on the right thoughts and beat your unconscious mind into submission. DONT EVER GIVE UP !! you will win just stay the course and keep on "keeping on" I know more than anyone this is much easier said than done, but it is a must and it will work. You must truly GET IT on the deepest level inside you, not just intellectualy.It may take you longer than you like but just stay on track and keep your mind in the correct place. Don't let your TMS and your unconscious control you and your life you must take control back and keep it. I am very close to the total cure and I intend on staying that way. I have had success in the past that last a few years but then would have a re occurence, some worse than others. This time after I realized again that it is TMS I stayed away from all physical treatments and drugs and just dealt with the pain and the entire viscious circle of pain doubt and fear. I know that it was tough but I really truly understand TMS and accepted it at the correct level and have made big time progress without any physical treatments at all. It has been all knowledge therapy and some psychotherapy and a lot of self exploration and application of new knowledgwe. Dont quit on yourself you can do this I did and I was in horrible pain and scared out of my mind for a long time. I am going to be completely cure very very soon and I am more than willing to talk with anyone who thinks that it may help them.

Thanks again for all your open sharing and support

Todd in Texas
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stryder Posted - 02/11/2006 : 22:36:52
Way to go Todd with your SuccessStory: glad to here that you GET IT.

Take care, -Stryder

If you give up and don't be strong you're toast.

-- saga

Jim1999 Posted - 02/09/2006 : 23:00:08
Congratulations, Todd! It's good to hear the success stories.

Jim
randolo Posted - 02/09/2006 : 14:12:25
Todd, thank you for your encouraging post. Could you give us any more specifics on how you finally "got it" on the deeper level? Also, did you plunge back into normal physical activity no matter how much it hurt, or did you ease back in gradually? Thanks,

R

Randolo
art Posted - 02/09/2006 : 14:00:27
Good job,Todd. Nice to hear how well you're doing. It kinda rang a bell with me as well as I've recently achieved a much deeper acceptance of TMS and all its implications..It has really affected me on so many levels that it would take many paragraphs to write explain it all...Suffice to say that my life is much, much better now that I've stopped doubting...
Scottydog Posted - 02/09/2006 : 07:51:58

Many thanks, Todd.
This is great encouragement.

Anne
leonard Posted - 02/09/2006 : 07:06:04

What a wonderful post ! Congratulations !
gevorgyan Posted - 02/09/2006 : 00:20:21
thank you for your words, I was really close to give up.
Monika

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000