TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anne Posted - 12/26/2005 : 08:55:29

Okay I just got over getting a nerve block for a c6 pinch nerve then read Dr Sarno book. Now I had a car accident and I had tensed up my arms, shoulders and neck. I have allergies to anti-inflammatories because of asthma. I know it will take a few weeks for the muscles to heal and I'm not worried about whiplash (Dr Sarno) but I need some help getting through this
to keep positive and heal. Any advice?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
esher Posted - 12/26/2005 : 11:14:12
Anne, first if you haven't already done so you probably should see someone just to make sure that nothing was broken or seriously injured in the car crash. Both Sarno and other TMS practitioners such as Dr. Schechter recommend this. Once you're satisfied that there is nothing serious (other than the pain, which is awful, I know) then you can get going on the TMS program.

Unfortunately, for an acute attack where muscles are in spasm there's just not much you can do; Sarno recommends rest and possibly a strong painkiller only as long as you really need it and then get active as soon as is practicable (see HBP). I will say that from personal experience that the attack will probably be of considerably shorter duration if you accept that it's TMS and not obsess about it. Easier said than done, I know, but over time the message will sink in.

Hope you feel better soon!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000