TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and skin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
honey718 Posted - 12/22/2005 : 17:10:51
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I have recently learned a little about TMS. I think I have it. I don't have the back pain, rather I have a skin problem. For the last year and a half, I have had these 8 small reddish brown bumps that are so extremely itchy. They are really sensitive to heat and friction. Sometimes they shrink but they never fully disappear. I been to a ton of doctors, had bloodwork and three biopsies, and no one can tell me what is wrong with me. I have read about half of Dr. Sarno's book, and I can literally see myself on every page. Does anyone have these symptoms? And if so, what should I do? What can you recommend?

Also, I have acknowledged that I do have repressed emotions and anger. I have been really stressed during the last year and a half, so it all adds up. Based on your forum from 12/17, it sounds like I really need to get to the route of my issues. So do I need therapy? I am willing to go, but I would like to go to someone who specializes in TMS or at least is familair with it. I live in NYC and have GHI. I have already spent thousands of dollars on doctors, tests and medicines. I cannot really afford much more. Do you have any advice for me? Or know of any good therapists in the NYC area who accept GHI?

Thank you so much. I am so frustrated. (And I know this adds to my problems.)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
molomaf Posted - 12/22/2005 : 19:25:32
There is a TMS dermatologist listed at the Tarpit yoga website.
http://www.tarpityoga.com/directory.html named Roy Stern, MD. Worth a try as he is in NYC. Don't know anything more about him.
Michele
Baseball65 Posted - 12/22/2005 : 17:33:45
Hi.Welcome

I don't have the answers to any of the Q's you asked,but I thought I'd mention that I definitely have TMS and I definitely have a 2" round patch of skin on the front of My calve that periodically becomes itchy/inflamed...I've itched in my sleep until it's bled.It's been there for years and has never moved ,grown or spread,is barely discernable at times and is more than likely just another symptom.
You're probably on the case

-piggy

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000