TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 my experiences

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JohnD Posted - 12/20/2005 : 10:29:48
When I came to this board in early 2003, I was still in pain but on the road to recovery. There were people further along the TMS recovery path than myself, most notably Dave the board moderator, and the former board moderator AustinGary. I learned alot from these 2 guys and a few others as well. I didn't accept everything they said as the bible, but I still was able to learn alot from then and this aided my recovery greatly. Sometimes a part of me would wonder if I was ever going to get better, and reading their posts provided me with a good combination of hope and rationality in applying the anti TMS techniques.

Whenever we read someone else's post on this board, especially those further along the road than ourselves, it is a great learning opportunity. We can use it as such or we can tune it out, or try to be more right than they are. We can say that since it doesn't agree with our own personal experience, or what we expect from this work that it is not at all valid. Or we can find what is right in the post and what can help us. But at the end of the day you're either in pain or you're not. The ways to recover from TMS are very basic, yet also very challenging to impliment into our bones.

I come to this board because I enjoy discussing TMS, and also because I would like to think that some of my posts help people who are in the same boat I was 3 years ago. There is a wealth of information stored in previous posts about different experiences, and I would even venture to say that you could pretty much find anything you need to know about recovery from TMS without asking a single question on this board. But I also do understand that people (just like myself 3 years ago) want some evidence that others have recovered from the exact same malady as they are suffering with.

So after all this rambling I guess the point I'm trying to make is that this board can help you greatly with your recovery if you choose to use it that way. If you don't mind being in pain and just want to debate, thats fine too. I enjoy debating this stuff, it is very interesting at times but its your choice what your #1 priority is here.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 12/20/2005 : 11:00:38
quote:
I would even venture to say that you could pretty much find anything you need to know about recovery from TMS without asking a single question on this board.

That's true - but somehow there's something about receiving personal reassurance rather than reading about it addressed to someone else. It's more interactive and has more effect than passively reading something written in the past. I can't quite describe what I mean (in a hurry, too!)
I agree there's lots of good stuff on this forum.

Hilary N

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000