TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 pain better, an off topic question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jilly_girl Posted - 12/16/2005 : 08:14:56
i have been sitting with my dying mom for two weeks. I am basically numb at this point. The pain is hardly noticable since i dont focus on it. My mom has been without food for almost two full weeks AND almost one full week with NO water. This is off topic, sorry. I thought you couldnt live for more than a couple days. Her major organs are shutting down, etc. I have little pain, being so distracted which pretty much confirms the TMS diagnosis. Her abdomen is swelling indicating organ failure. How long can a person live without water? I apologize for this question being so off topic. I am numb and sick at heart. The hospice nurses say you just cant predict........

Jill
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jilly_girl Posted - 12/22/2005 : 06:19:30
Thank you all very much.

Jill
molomaf Posted - 12/21/2005 : 17:02:11
So sorry-

Michele
redskater Posted - 12/21/2005 : 08:18:33
Jill, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Gaye
jilly_girl Posted - 12/21/2005 : 07:10:36
thanks to all who replied. well she lived for 14 days with no food and only a sip or two of water. she went home to heaven on the 17th. this is rather amazing as she was in such terrible shape before she stopped eating. its amazing what the human body can do.

Jill
n/a Posted - 12/17/2005 : 07:47:18
So sorry to hear about your mother, Jill. Others are more qualified than I to answer your question, but I know that my Dad, who died in 2001, lived on for nearly two weeks after he was no longer able to take food and water - the doctors told me that his heart was extremely strong.

It is so very hard to sit with someone at a time like this and being unable to do anything for them. One thing - I'm pretty sure that he was aware that we were there. Any time my daughter was with me (his adored grandaughter) he moved his head, not just once, many times. I'm sure he could hear us.

Take care of yourself

Anne
drziggles Posted - 12/16/2005 : 18:31:59
the nurses are right. while it's supposed to be just a few days, it can be one or two weeks in some cases--i've been suprised by how long some people can last.

i'm sorry about what you are going through. hang in there...
icelikeaninja Posted - 12/16/2005 : 10:06:48
My great grandmother was 90 when they pulled the plug.
Its wierd she had tons of problems with her health. Diabetic, cancer everywhere but it was a fall down the steps that gave her a coma.
She was off the plugs and all for a week and a half maybe less.
But I do remember everyone else in tears and I didnt feel a thing, what do you expect from TMS'ers and I was also her favorite child which she told me a year before that.
2scoops Posted - 12/16/2005 : 09:53:11
I always thought it was three days one could go without water. I am so sorry to hear about your mother.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000