TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 completely healed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jena Posted - 12/15/2005 : 14:24:28
Question...anyone know of a doctor who lives on Long Island?? i also need some encouragement if anyone wants to reply on how they are completely healed i think it will impact a lot of people on here that are going through it now...i also recognize that a lot of the people who have completely healed probably dont go on this site anymore...

i am also a bit discouraged...i have read HBP and MBP and i also watched his lecture on DVD which helped in just proving thats exactly what i have but then today i go into depression and start thinking oh my god what if i have to worry about this every single day for the rest of my life? i know that sounds crazy but its what i think about i mean why cant i just feel like i did 2 years ago? i had no worries what so ever i didnt even know what back pain was let alone the painful spasms wow... no i think about it every second of the day and my fear factor is very high... i really want to believe that being 20 years old with my birthday coming up my only wish would to be pain free and prevent the pain from ever returning..
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
h2oskier25 Posted - 12/20/2005 : 08:04:25
Jena,

So glad to see you taking it on. You go girl . Remember this takes time to reprogram the part of the mind we aren't conscious of.

Gevorgyan, keep it up. You go girl, too.

As to how I'm doing now, it's amazing. I type my little fingers off all day. I was always a fast typist, but for 8 years I became the most efficient programmer who only typed what she HAD to, and who took, frequent breaks, and evaded work whenever possible, and worked at a dysfunctional place where nobody programmed well, so nobody noticed I was working at 30%.

Now, I don't even think about it. I never take breaks (except mental ones.) I work late all the time. I go home and play video games.

The biggest change is my outlook on life. No more "I'd wash the car, but my wrists would be ruined and I need them for work."

Now substitute "I'd wash the car" with ANY activity involving the hands. Yes, that's everything, pretty much. I was a prisoner who was constantly bored and scared. I did nothing but work out weekly, and watch TV. It was awful.

Life is so much sweeter and more precious to me now. Even the rough parts.

Best wishes ladies, and all others reading this

Beth

Beth
gevorgyan Posted - 12/20/2005 : 01:38:33
thank you Beth, it is really helpful! kisses!
Jena Posted - 12/19/2005 : 18:55:49
Thank you Beth, that really helped...how are you feeling now? Well i am def trying ..and this forum helps me to believe people heal... i do live with the fear and i have to overcome it and yesterday i did ... i was working (waitressing) and my muscle was starting to spasm and then it switched buttocks..but mostly on the left side but usually i cry and go home but this time i cried and stayed and eventually it stopped spasming the crazy thing is though if i lay down in a certain position it "goes out" and i can not move ... and that even happens when it hasnt bothered me all day.. so its so unaxpected i cant stand it. But as soon as i get better i am going to let this entire forum know how i did it and they can do it to but for now its thinking psychologically because i know the knowledge and as sarno says the knowledge is the cure well it hasnt been for me yet...maybe just because i understand doesnt mean im applying it correctly.. ah i dont know i just have to keep at it.
n/a Posted - 12/19/2005 : 15:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by gevorgyan

wouldn't it be better to forgive me and the rest of the world the things in advance than suffer twice from pain and from the bad memories?
Peter, have you personal experiance of all you are writing of?

You are thinking with your rational mind, but the unconscious mind is irrational and this is the source of your suffering. Yes, all of us on this board are speaking from personal experience. It is important for you to read the psychology and treatments sections in Dr. Sarno's books....
miehnesor Posted - 12/19/2005 : 15:24:27
Bravo Beth! wonderfully said.
h2oskier25 Posted - 12/19/2005 : 13:29:42
gevorgyan, you write

-- wouldn't it be better to forgive me and the rest of the world the things in advance than suffer twice from pain and from the bad memories? --

Gevorgyan, You must feel all the feelings from what the world (and the specific people in your life) have done, before you forgive them. You can't just forgive them and let the little girl inside of you suffer silently. Don't be afraid of the emotions. It is much better to face them than to let pain and uncertainty and fear rule your life. I've been there.

Speaking of fear, Jena, your fear of your pain is ruling your life. I've been there. I lived 8 years of "Omigod. I can't overuse my wrists or I'll lose my job because I won't be able to type, and then I'll have to move out of my house 'cause I can't pay the mortgage and then . . . ." Believe me, I know how paralyzing it can be. Also the fear of "I'll suffer like this forever." This is your unconscious trying to distract you and have its way with you. Believe me, the feelings are painful, but TEMPORARY. You feel them you cry (at least I do) and then they're gone.

What helped me a lot in the beginning is acknowledging the pain, but not taking it too seriously ("OK, so I'm in pain for now. So What? Not going to stop me.") The So What approach really begins to take some of the gravity out of the whole situation.

Beth
gevorgyan Posted - 12/19/2005 : 12:11:30
but what can be initiate with understanding?
when I finally understand why do the Earth goes around the Sun, she'll still be revolving.
What I would like to say - wouldn't it be better to forgive me and the rest of the world the things in advance than suffer twice from pain and from the bad memories?
Peter, have you personal experiance of all you are writing of?
n/a Posted - 12/19/2005 : 11:15:33
It is not about "healing the emotions." They are with you and will remain with you for the rest of your life. No matter how hard you try they are embedded deep within you. The way you react to things is either genetic or learned by the time you are 2 years old. The key is to come to a full emotional and intellectual understanding of what makes you tick on the inside. Read the pshychology sections in Dr. Sarno's books. Then link these emotions- especially internal anger and anxiety - to your physical symptoms.
gevorgyan Posted - 12/19/2005 : 10:28:43
how to heal the emotions not healing brain?
JohnD Posted - 12/19/2005 : 10:06:37
There is nothing to heal besides the emotions, the thought patterns and the general outlook on life
n/a Posted - 12/19/2005 : 09:01:55
The odd thing his with TMS is that there is nothing to heal!!!!!
gevorgyan Posted - 12/18/2005 : 03:40:25
Ok. I am waiting impatiently : )
And please, you John, or anybody who has such a experiences - write me: is it work to negotiate with this part of your brain “who” is causing all the pains?
If yes, should I treat it as a big naughty kid? And promises him something just to stop him? Or treat him as a partner?
Monika
JohnD Posted - 12/18/2005 : 00:10:09
I just got in very late tonight from a sporting event, I will be sure to respond tomorrow
gevorgyan Posted - 12/17/2005 : 08:34:08
to John D!
Thank you for everything you have written. I have some questions to you connected with the process of recovery. How to cope with, let me say "mindgame" - then you mind is trying to convince you that all you have read in Sarno's book is not for you? I mean the pain is going any where from the back to the belly, from the neck to the head, and you eyes are so fatigue that you are not able to read once more the book.
I really feel this mind fight and I am really scared: how terrible must the emotion be to be such "protected" from being revealed.
And, is it really neccessary to go through the hidden feelings?

sorry for my English, and I will be grateful for your answer.
Monika
Jena Posted - 12/16/2005 : 19:39:29
Thanks John and i do completely agree... i feel it will take time as i do more research about this that i will start to truly believe 100% ... my problem is when the pain comes i start believing less but i know itll take time for it to sink in and i wont be afraid anymore... question... i know obviously your not a doctor and my personality and symptoms are all tms pretty much but how can applying pressure on my tailbone create a spasm almost everytime? can it really be induced by the brain? the sciatic pain i can understand def has to be from the brain because i dont have nerve damage so where else could it come from.. but its just the spasms that throw me off the most.... pressure to the spine seems so physical but can it truly be from the brain which will cause it to stop spasming once i get a hold of this recovery thing...also my pain did go away for a lil over a year NOT ONE SYMPTOM but i didnt even know about TMS at all .. its weird though my symptoms just went away and i believed i was healed and the fear factor left until almost 2 years later it came back...
JohnD Posted - 12/16/2005 : 17:39:47
"i mean i have been studying sarno and everything and my pain hasnt gone away yet"

Its not about if you have studied Sarno, its about whether you have internalized what he saying and truly believe it. There is a big difference between what you say you believe and what you REALLY believe. People come on this board alot and say they believe in Sarno and maybe part of them does, but its obvious in the posts they write that a HUGE part of them still doesn't believe it. You have to begin where you are. You don't begin this process painfree!!!! YOU BEGIN WHERE YOU ARE. If you don't come to terms with this then you will never get better. If you begin where you are you can be honest with yourself about the true inner beliefs you have about the pain, and then only from there can u question those specific beliefs and start to realize that maybe they don't make perfect sense like you thought they did before, and then you can start to create new beliefs about your body and the pain.

Patience and persistence will be your best friends if YOU CHOOSE to get better
Jena Posted - 12/16/2005 : 15:49:53
but is anyone every completely cured?? i mean when the pain comes back and the spasms are people able to get rid of them immediately i mean Sarno does speak about how people are healed and painfree for years and years so i am assuming the pain goes away or stays away for years and years and may have 1 or 2 set backs but to me as Sarno says everything heals in the body! everything! so why cant these just heal, well its the brain doing it well to bad there isnt like ways of injected oxygen into the problem areas because i have been going through this for only 2 years and i can not take it anymore i dont know how you guys did it for so much longer but i give u credit... i actually give myself chest pain everyday because i am terrified of the pain returning and when it does i think omg am i going to have to live with this forever ?? i just dont see a real reason why anyone should have to live with this kind of pain... i mean i have been studying sarno and everything and my pain hasnt gone away yet... and the spasms oh by i can always knwo when im about to get one and i can prevent it by getting up right away and walking around but if i go to lay on my back forget it ...someone grap me all the painkillers you have and i still have to wait a while just to feel better... the brain is a powerful thing i knew this for a long time but when is it going to stop and give up already on the pain??? i wonder if hypnosis works?
HilaryN Posted - 12/16/2005 : 12:42:13
Jena and Becca,

Don’t worry, you’ll get there eventually. I know it’s hard when there appears to be not enough improvement. I think we’d all like to be able to push a magic button and be better immediately.

Keep at it, you’ll get there eventually. I think it took me 2 months before I saw significant improvement with my repetitive strain injury and 6 months altogether after really putting my mind to it before I stopped using voice recognition altogether (I reduced my use of it slowly and slowly increased use of keyboard/mouse). I might have been able to stop using voice recognition before that, but I’m a cautious person, so I took it slowly.

I’d initially read the book 2 years before that and given up because I was still getting pains after a week or so – I thought it wasn’t working for me.

I didn’t make any major life changes. I did seek “alternative” mindbody therapy, because I didn’t know how to go about finding a good psychotherapist (and was afraid of the cost) and I needed some reassurance. (I didn’t know about this forum then.)

Just keep going.

All my sympathy and best wishes,

Hilary N
Becca Posted - 12/16/2005 : 11:18:22
Hi
thanks for witing with your success stories-they are inspirational. I have been having very slow progress with sarno's theories in working with my neck pain. There will be periods of many hours or even a day or two when the pain is less, but then I have a setback and I get so frustrated and angry and worried. I then get back to thinking that this will never go away.
YesterdayI had to take my certification exam in anesthesia. I know that it was a stressful day, and I am probably going to feel like crap until I get the results. For a reward I went to the spa to have a full body massage, or what I thought would be a full massage. the masseuse spent an hour on my neck and shoulders. She kept commenting that I had the "tightest muscles she had ever felt." Needless to say, he running commentary on my abnormally spasming muscles just made me feel worse!
Even though I know that it is stress related, I start to get afraid of the extreme pain and tesion in my shoulders-then I obsess about it, which makes it much worse. What does me in is thinking that it will never go away. Even though I thourougly believe that there is nothing structurally wrong with my neck, I worry that I won't be able to kick this. Anyway-thanks for reading this ane thanks again for the posts. I get very frustrated when I think that my pain should be gone by now.
One more thing-were you guys able to kick TMS by just recognizing it, or did you have to mnake big changes to eliminate stressors in your life (a job, a partner?)-Thanks-R
Jena Posted - 12/15/2005 : 18:44:44
i appreciate everyone writing back...i would love to see sarno except its expensive and i am a student and cant really afford although my parents would pay for it id feel bad plus many people heal just by the books and i am hoping i am that person...trust me i dont mind pain here and there once in a long time but the spasms always happen when i predict they will ...for example as soon as i lay down on a flat surface its like the pressure against my tailbone causes it to spasm its the worst pain every worse then sciatic pain to me and trust me i know how that feels...i mean its hard to believe that oxygen deprivation causes that much pain when i do those exact things...even my neurologist suggested psychosomatic pain because my mri shows a slight buldging disc that actually HEALED but im like hello hi i am still in pain? she was like hmmm it might be psychosomatic which i am assuming the word is getting around that the brain can cause such horrible symptoms...i had a pretty good childhood and i dont know where my rage or anything would of came from the only thing i can think about that might cause rage is how mad i am that i have this problem with my back and im not sure why...i am glad to hear yall are feeling better though its good to know that people have healed and know how to get rid of the pain when it comes but i have been in a pain cycle for 6 months now... ahh but only heard about sarno for about 2 months.. .thanks for the replies every little bit helps

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000