TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Crimescene investigation finds ????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 12/10/2005 : 18:34:39
I do NOT watch television..I'd say 'never' but I occasionally(10 times a year?) watch a sporting event.However,in general TV is just a TMS factory for me.However.....

The best metaphor I can think of to explain successful recovery from TMS is "It's like a Crimescene investigation"....

All of us initially had an 'incident' and know that something very 'bad' has happened(a crime).We go to the Cops(conventional orthopedics) who agree but after months,years,decades of frustration the case remains unsolved

Finally we become openmided enough to investigate an alternative explanation of the Crime..we become our OWN investigator..put on your fedora.

We arrive with only our first suspect..the Pain...we slowly begin to suspect it guilty of being a forgery,a liar and a thief..it's stealing our life,piece of mind and freedom.We hate it and want to banish it to siberia,send it to the gulag...see ya...forever.

Since we are told by Sarno and others that the real problem is repressed rage Than the pain is now just the 'alibi'...it's defending our emotions from being a suspect...the REAL culprit....unacceptable anger.Shame.Guilt.Perceived Failures.Rage,anger RAGE,ANGER,anxiety and …ohh,did I mention RAGE ?

So we turn inward as opposed to outward where the Liar Pain wants us to look.We find it very difficult at first.In fact,at this pont the Alibi(pain) starts really going off,trying to remind you that it is Clearly real,and that TMS was just something other people had...we happen to be in that slim majority that really has a structual problem.Our problem is REAL.

However,after repeated questioning,the pain starts to crack....first it starts contradicting itself...Moving around stealthily,Not showing up for meetings.The Pains credibility is sinking fast...we begin to have more faith in our original hypothesis.

Than,one day...the pain really blows it's cover....it goes to someplace it has absolutely no excuse or reason to be.We dismiss it's testimony and really start to question our anger,our emotions ,our relationships,choices and go to a very bad neighborhood to look for clues as to it's whereabouts..inside of our selves.It's REALLY scary,and a lot of people's investigations end here.They somehow decide unconsciously that it just isn't worth it...the risk of worse emotional pain far outweighs their fear of the physical pain,so they go on living with the Liar and the excuse....knowing all the while that they're deluding themselves...they don;t do this consciously..it's just a defense mechanism.

However,most of us have had enough of the Liar,and start digging...and digging.We come up with more theories but are never quite sure....but miraculously one day we look back and realize...we haven't been in pain for a long time...Pain's feelings were hurt when we no longer trusted it,so it has 'taken it's bat and ball and gone home'

Now that we know that the coward resorts to these kind of scams, we are on our Guard….we start to ask questions early on after any Crimes (pain,illness’conditions’) occur…they are sneaky little B-tards and try to keep breaking in to cause a diversion, but we never ever let them get comfy.

..and it’s now just a question of vigilance.

-out
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Allan Posted - 12/13/2005 : 18:23:37
The process of having the pain start to move around has to be the most significant part of the entire recovery process. Baseball, and others, are correct, it is the end stage. Dr. Sarno mentions one patient where the pain moved from one leg to the other.

What more proof does one need? If the pain moves from the knee to the shoulder (as in my latest case) what more proof can there be that the knee pain was TMS pain (emotionally induced) and not physical?

And what more proof is needed that the shoulder pain is TMS?

I had knee pain for months. I have to admit that I had some doubts that it may be physical from a skiing accident. But once the pain left the knee and moved to my shoulder I knew beyond a doubt that it was TMS pain. Within a few weeks, the shoulder pain left and I became pain free. (Again)

Tricky stuff this TMS.

Allan.
Baseball65 Posted - 12/13/2005 : 05:22:46
I Just threw that up there because I read about 3 different peoples posts who are at the second to last stage...where Pain loses it's credibility by moving around..That isn't a time to be afraid,it's a time to rejoice! You're almost home.

-piggy

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
dctexman Posted - 12/12/2005 : 21:38:03
Basball

Well said !! Like all your post I am envious of your deep grasp and understanding of TMS. It is with great diligence I keep up the work to achieve the same level of understanding and enlightenment. That is the road to beating this B--turd that is trying to take over my life. I have tried to contact you a few times and we have played phone tag but I sure look forward to your posts as they are always well thought out and insightfull. Thanks for being here !!! I know that sometimes it gets a little difficult with some of the skepticism and off beat topics. I for one really value your knowledge and willingness to share and help people like me.

Thanks again

Todd
Allan Posted - 12/12/2005 : 17:03:10
Baseball65

Well done.

May I suggest that, that is road that many of us have travelled.

Allan.
n/a Posted - 12/12/2005 : 13:33:51
quote:
So, when do you start writing the screen play? I can't wait to see the character development on the Clueless Cops ;-) -Stryder

So when will w know more

gambling guide - online poker site
Stryder Posted - 12/11/2005 : 19:21:35
So, when do you start writing the screen play? I can't wait to see the character development on the Clueless Cops ;-) -Stryder

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000