TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How I'm getting there

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Felicity Posted - 11/17/2005 : 03:24:39
I think I have had TMS all my life but have only just come across Sarno's book.

For the last 5 years have suffered RSI symptoms and have had all of the usual bodywork treatments and gave up on them all some 3 years ago. However, have continued using Homeopathy during this time and managed to get up to 75% better not knowing what I really had and before I heard of Sarno. Homeopathy is the only therapy I know that can treat the mind and emotions apart from psychoanalysis which I ended up using to heal the last 25%. After that I was totally pain free for 2 months (July and August, this year) and then guess what 3 major emotional upsets and I was back to square 1. However, I went back on the homeopathic remedies and then found out about TMS, got the book and over the last 14 days have made good progress.

I find this site fantasitc for self help and I guess everyone has to find their own path to cure but thinking forward its got to be important to work on the mind set that make us all prone to this thing. I can see in myself all of the things that Sarno has mentioned and whilst they are not bad traits to have they do not serve me well in respect of TMS.

So, probably, once you do achieve a pain free state then the next challenge is to remain pain free by working on the way that I let issues affect me. I realise now that unless I address this I will have flare ups from time to time which I would rather avoid.

Yesterday I went to Pillates, dug the garden all afternoon and then swam in the evening. The pain is there a bit today but not overwhelming me which is a great feeling.

Feel as if I am 85% better and continue to strive towards 100%. Thank you everyone out there, most of you so far away for being so open with your thoughts, it helps so much!

Felicity
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Felicity Posted - 11/19/2005 : 09:44:58
ps. Thanks for the book tip. The Power of Now. I will read it.

Felicity
Felicity Posted - 11/19/2005 : 09:42:07
With homeopathy there are many ways of treating. You can use what is known and constitutional prescribing sometimes called classical prescribing and give a remedy for the whole person i.e. one that fits your mental/emotional state as well as the symptom picture or you can prescribe predominantly on the symptoms if you cannot see the constitutional picture or feel that it is better to treat the symptom first.

I have had many remedies, some to fit my emotional picture and some for the physical symptoms and these will be different for everyone. I think the homeopathy helped because it has worked on my mental state and helped to aleviate the mental sumptoms of TMS and the feelings of rage etc that have brought on the condition.

However, I still needed the psycotherepy to get right down to the problems that had caused the condition because as Sarno says they were in my unconscious mind and at the beginning I had no idea what the problems were. I was quite happy in my life, you know, lovely home, great husband, two lovely girls etc. etc. so I couldn't understand how I was in so much pain although I knew it was an emotional issue after a few months with no improvement. So, my homeopath had to work with the mental state that I was presenting with and slowly we got there. It would have been quicker I think if I had come across Sarno sooner.

Hope that this helps. By the way, doctors in this country who use homeopathy quite often prescribe it like a doctor i.e. this remedy for headaches, that remedy for insomnia etc. etc. homeopathy does not work well like that. Each case is individual and if 10 patients present to a homeopath with a headache they may each get a different remedy so do take this into consideration if you do decide to try homeopathy.

Good luck.

Felicity
altherunner Posted - 11/18/2005 : 18:42:37
Major emotional events can be a setback, hang in there. Another fellow on this site told me about a book"The Power of Now", that I have found quite helpful in not re-living past anxieties, and not worrying as much about the future. It is not a tms book, but it has helped me everyday. I am kind of cheap, so I took it from the library first, then bought it later. My doctor does homeopathy, but I have not tried it, how did it help you, and what did you use?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000