TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Wish me luck for my new job tomorrow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 11/13/2005 : 17:31:48
Hi all,
You may remember a few weeks ago I posted about my worries about starting a new job, because I will be a manager for the first time in my life and it's a lot of responsibility. I also said that one year ago, before I knew about TMS, I had an acute flare up of neck and back pain that started literally THE DAY I started my new job last year. It turned into a viscious cycle that did not end until March, when I found out about Sarno and this board. So tomorrow is a test for me, a test of my true TMS faith. I feel positive, but very nervous. I am trying not to catastrophize that my neck will go out but I have to be honest, it's there. I am hoping I can glean some positive vibes from here so I can prove to myself that I can do this, TMS free... Thanks all.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marytabby Posted - 11/14/2005 : 17:34:06
Thanks Art, I did get to read your posting but not until fifteen minutes before my work day ended. I did fine. No spasms in the neck or back. I had a very overwhelming day. Information overload you could say. But I did it, TMS free. THanks all!
art Posted - 11/14/2005 : 05:39:06
Hi Mary,

I hope this is early enough to do you some good..You've got a much, much better understanding of things than you did a year ago. You've got the tools now, and there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be fine. And in a pinch, you've always got your friends here on the forum to cheer you on from the sidelines..

I've seen how far you've come from the early days, Mary. It's a great TMS success story. And it can only get better from here!!

Love,
A.
marytabby Posted - 11/14/2005 : 04:14:52
Thanks, Anne. I will keep that thought with me throughout the day!
n/a Posted - 11/14/2005 : 03:09:47
Sending positive vibes, Mary - let us know how it goes.

The thing is, you've made the vital connection now, you know what's going on with the neck and back pain. You describe what happens as catastrophising - that is so very accurate - that's exactly what it is. But you're on to it - it doesn't have the power to debilitate you in the same way any more.

Very best wishes for today

Anne
Allan Posted - 11/13/2005 : 17:43:37
Go for it Mary.

I was so nervous in my first management position. I was a young guy supervising older women. But, I muddled through.

The first law of management, in terms of the employer, is to improve the situation. All of that is well and good, but the first law of relationships is to be aware that people working for you need recognition and to be treated decently. Be generous with praise. Praise in public and criticize in private. In short, treat others the way that you would like to be treated.

Just because you are making more money doesn’t mean that you are any smarter. Treat them as equals. After awhile, you will love it.

You will be great success.

Allan.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000