TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hamstring and adductor tendon pain!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
geeta Posted - 11/12/2005 : 14:27:51
Hello, This is my first time on the forum...........i have read dr sarno's healing back pain book which helped alot in giving me the confidence to start running again after a back injury, but i can't get rid of hamstring and adductor tendon pain i have been having for the last 2 years and i have tryed everything.And just recently i have had lots of stomach cramping and pain in the groin area, Is TMS common in the tendon of the hamstrings and adductors(anybody have anything similar?

n davies
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
geeta Posted - 11/15/2005 : 07:09:19
my pain is at the top of the hamstring and at the knee, but not the belly of the muscle, i have just had a prolotherapy injection last week in both places that it hurt's

n davies
wrldtrv Posted - 11/14/2005 : 20:54:06
Your question, "Did I run through the pain or rest?" I guess I tried both. I was conservative with it (rest, ibuprofin, gentle stretching) for awhile and then started running again. Who knows whether the conservative rx or simply no longer giving it much thought was the answer? It still flares up occasionally, but is much better. Now, I have another problem: a sciatica-like tightness (no real pain) running from my buttocks down the hamstring on the other leg.

I don't know what your hamstring pain can be, but two years is a long time to have it. What part of the hamstring bothers you; the belly of the muscle, the origin at the buttocks, or the insertion at the knee? Do you have any severe structural problems, eg major leg length discrepancies, knock-knees...?
geeta Posted - 11/14/2005 : 15:22:41
did you run through the pain or did you rest?

n davies
geeta Posted - 11/14/2005 : 15:18:44
quote:
Originally posted by geeta

Hello, This is my first time on the forum...........i have read dr sarno's healing back pain book which helped alot in giving me the confidence to start running again after a back injury, but i can't get rid of hamstring and adductor tendon pain i have been having for the last 2 years and i have tryed everything.And just recently i have had lots of stomach cramping and pain in the groin area, Is TMS common in the tendon of the hamstrings and adductors(anybody have anything similar?

n davies

n davies
wrldtrv Posted - 11/12/2005 : 22:11:28
Geeta--Who knows about TMS and your hamstring pain? All I can say is that I too have been plagued by hamstring problems in my right leg only off/on for years. It's tendonitis at the insertion into the knee and seems to worsen the more I run. I had a partial rupture at the belly of the hamstring about 20 yrs ago that I only discovered in the past year. Whether that is the reason for the chronic inflammation or TMS, I couldn't say. Like "altherunner" I have run the gamut of "runner's" injuries incl I-T band syndrome, sciatica, plantar fascitis, adductor pain, Morton's Neuroma...
altherunner Posted - 11/12/2005 : 17:06:58
Geeta - I had back and neck pain as my major problem, but while training, I also had:plantar fasciaitis, shin splints, pulled hamstring, pulled groin muscle,sciatica, and probably a few more I don't recall. Fortunately, they have all dissappeared, they were all tms. I still get occasional symptoms, last was right arm bicep weakness, that is slowly going away. I run regularly, and ignore minor things as they come up, or try to refer them to what's going on psychologically.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000