TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 LOWER BACK PAIN

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anxo69 Posted - 11/11/2005 : 22:57:05
Hello, I guess Im really having trouble believing this still. I bought the video, tapes and books . I watch it constintly. I journal too. I wish this was true , When I first heard It I admit I was more excited about it than I am now. Im still in Pain 4 1/2 months. I have 2 slipped disk one with right protrusion and the other with center.they are in the lower and ddd... I keep getting sharp pains that are on the right side of lower than the left side. then the middle tailbone area.Im only staying out of bed for like 2 hours at a time. After that I start to ache and get the stabbing pains, then lock up. I have to lay down and I use heat to calm it all back down, then do it again. Now Im gettin gscared of all this and having panic attacks during painful episodes. There are so many theories out there, chiro , physical therapy, pills, surgery. Disk hitting nerves do cause pain , then you hear they dont. I feel crooked still. stiff . I dont know what to do. I really start to believe sarno, then im like ..I need to get to the chiro to get this adjusted, I could be healing wrong! Im just gettign all freaked out . Mine happen to me when I picked up my tractor. and bam pain I was on the ground in extreme spasms. I could not move for 2 days straight, Then I strated trying to get up with pain and alot of it. Has any of this happened to you? Have you healed?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anxo69 Posted - 11/13/2005 : 17:17:16
thank you:)
marytabby Posted - 11/13/2005 : 16:48:33
Allan's story is very much the same as mine, so I won't bore you with details. I wholeheartedly agree with he and Dave. Do the work, do the work, do the work. Dave made me realize from the start that I was doing what you are; I was focused so much on the physical that the psychological became hard to concentrate on. The program works. Good luck to you. You will overcome this.
anxo69 Posted - 11/13/2005 : 10:51:32
You know what the worst part of this is? I have been trying to find another house this whole time during this back problem , I need my back, I cant build a house without it. Ive been stuck in bed with pain. I get up after a while only to over due it , and have to relax it again. So I dont know how Im gonna get us a house and move us out with this condition. The pressure here is thick. Everybody doesnt get along that often. I stayin my room watching my videos trying to stay positive and keep my panic down.
anxo69 Posted - 11/13/2005 : 10:44:37
well , to be honest , My panic attacks came back after I had my daughter. Im having a real trouble dealing with this, I dont know why it drives me to panic. This also happen when I was 19 and had my first son. I must ad that I didnt trust either of these girls. Its was very strange the way my son was born. We had broke up and then she told me she was pregnant. I married her, cause I felt that was the right thing to do. 11 months later my son was born. I went into panic mode almost right after that. We ended up moving bacl into my moms and I started severe panic attacks, I lost a lot of weight and was on medication. She left me, and moved out. after about 6 months I started to get better. I was beginning to be able to function. After some time I was basically my old self, started going out again.
I met my current girlfriend. about 7 years went by with some panic but not extreme. then she got pregnant cause she said she screwed up taking her pill. she didnt tell me for about 3 months after, I was ok with the news yet my panic wasnt , After my daughter was born , it was back to panic. Medication lost weight the whole 9. I began to function with this. bought attacking anxiety and tried to continue with these attacks . they are awful. many nights pacing the floors crying , freaking out , feally like Im in a dream, cant breathe, dizzy etc. I would still wake up and try to continue my business (car dealer) and such. I finally bought a house at auction, Fixed it up and was gonna flip it. then my we moved in for a couple years . wanted to sell to make the money to get another one. well , I ended up loosng my car business cause I was too stressed to deal with all of this, plus the cars were stressful enough. I ended up selling, In the end I had a bad spell of vertigo come on, I was really dizzy for a month straight. I thought I knew how bad you could feel , Then that hit me..which brought panic etc...well after I sold the house I moved us back in with my mom so I could get another house. Will looking for one I hurt my back. Which brings me to today, now my back is killing me and my anxiety is off the charts. My brother was talking about me having to get my own house for my daughter. Thats what I meant .I never know if I wanted to stay with my girlfriend forever. Now that I have my daughter . I cant leave, I want her to be happy. My current girlfriend seems like she dont have a care in the world.. oh well thats a little deeper for ya :) thanks
Dave Posted - 11/13/2005 : 09:52:19
quote:
Originally posted by anxo69

I just got off the phone with my brother and we were talking about stressfull things Im dealing with. My back is hurting again. I think Im getting the point. Thank you.

The stressful things you are aware of are covering up more deeply seeded feelings that you are avoiding. That's why the pain comes -- to prevent you from feeling those hidden things.

When thinking about a stressful thing, try to dig deeper. Why are you stressed about it? What are you really feeling deep down that you are not being honest with yourself about?
anxo69 Posted - 11/12/2005 : 18:18:21
Hello, Thanks for the reply, You know it really helps when I hear somebody else has these things with no pain. I have been watching the videos all day . It is sinking in . Im gonna believe and try harder. I just got off the phone with my brother and we were talking about stressfull things Im dealing with. My back is hurting again. I think Im getting the point. Thank you.
Allan Posted - 11/12/2005 : 12:19:21
If you truly read Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain, such as page 9 and pages 100 to 105, you would have read that herniated discs do not cause pain. Did you skip over these pages? Neither do bulging or protruding discs. I have both situations but no pain at all.

I was diagnosed with the pain of spinal stenosis, allegedly caused by the spinal cord rubbing against the vertebrae. I had sciatica in both legs. I walked with a cane. I could not climb stairs. I was scheduled for surgery.

After reading Dr. Sarno, all the pain went away. I cancelled the surgery.

The pain is very real. I know. But, it is emotionally induced by anger or stress or both. You can be pain free. Dave has given you some good advice. Follow it.

Read chapter four that begins on page 70. Follow the instructions. The forum is loaded with successful recoveries. I hope that you hear from some of them.

Dr. Sarno recommends that after you finish reading his book that you start over. Read it every day and many times, if necessary, until it sinks in. Quit fighting it, accept it for what it is, a proper diagnosis of the cause of your pain, and join the others who have recovered. Do the work. You can recover. Many have. You can also.

It might help to read Fred Amir’s book also. He provides some good goal setting guidelines to help you recover.

Allan.
Dave Posted - 11/12/2005 : 11:39:02
You have lots of anxiety. Consider it an equivalent symptom.

You are consumed with the physical. You describe your pain in detail, you still cling to structural diagnosis.

It doesn't do any good to read the books and watch the videos if you don't follow the program.

The first step requires a leap of faith. You must stop all physical treatments and repudiate the structural diagnoses, and stop obsessing about the pain. Ignore the pain and go about your life. I know, it's easier said than done, but you must try your best.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000