TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 allergies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
art Posted - 06/22/2005 : 10:19:57
Ok, I've gotten the back pain under control and have also made substantial progress with a myriad of sports and "over-use" injuries (so-called)...

Now time to roll out the big guns, my ten thousand (or so it seems) very debilitating food sensitivities/allergies...

I'm perfectly prepared to believe the whole thing's psychosomatic, yet there's unquestionably a genuine component to it as well...

For example, you can give me two identical unmarked foods, one with msg and one without on two consecutive days, and I'll be felled unfailingly by the one with...

I wanted to hear if possible from some others who have problems with allergies...Anyone had success? Be wonderful to get a little encouragement with this, as it's had a horrible impact on my life, to say the very least...

many thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/23/2005 : 02:45:01
Your approach sounds fine to me, Art. I took the 'little baby steps' approach with dealing with TMS and it worked fine for me. I introduced each activity I had stopped doing gradually because of the back pain, so it seems a natural approach for dealing with your allergies also.

I had an interesting side-effect regarding allergies also. For as long as I remember I had had mild hayfever symptoms every summer; not enough to cause major problems, but enough to use over-the-counter anti-histamines and sprays.

I never considered the hay fever TMS, but it seems to have disappeared - last year no need for medications and the same this year so far.

I think, in a way, we have to tailor our own recovery because there is no one method that suits everyone. Some people approach it full-on, testing themselves to the utmost and that works fine for them. On the other hand, it suited me to test myself little by little.

art Posted - 06/22/2005 : 22:15:24
Hi runner...

Yes! That helps a lot...I'm not sure but maybe I've made progress already...I just haven't wanted to "jinx it" by saying so...

The last few days I've been eating peanuts...small quantities but still, that's historically been a sure fire way to get me sick...also, eggs....I'm afraid to really challenge myself with big quantities yet. For one thing, I really haven't been thinking TMS for very long when it comes to this stuff..Still, so far so good.

Many thanks for the support..
altherunner Posted - 06/22/2005 : 19:51:35
I am new to this forum, but have been working on tms for some time.
I got over my back and neck pain by reading sarno's books, had a relapse when my mother became hospitalized, and then got therapy on the phone from Dr.Don Dubin. I got better very quicly, and then decided to re-read the books, but to think allergies.
I get terrible hayfever in the spring, since I was a child. I had success! This year I have thrown out any allegy medications I had left. I think the therapy I had, and realizing I had anger at my mother, not so much grief, helped me very much.Hope this helps.
johnnyg Posted - 06/22/2005 : 11:02:21
Isn't this really a question of whether there is some physical cause or component to a TMS equivalent?

From a pure TMS approach the answer is no. This isn't related to allergy, but has anyone here read Dr. Brownstein's book "Healing Back Pain Naturally"? I read it after Sarno's books and had to make sure that it didn't "spoil" my belief that these are purely psychologically caused. While Brownstein clearly seems to accept Sarno's theory, as he cites Sarno in his book, he focuses too much on possible physical reasons for pain. Thus he recommends yoga stretches. I'm sure I'll get lambasted for this, but is there such a thing as hybrid TMS (physical and mental causes)? I know previous posters has raised this. Any thoughts (please don't beat me up)?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000