TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Question about symptoms...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
infinitysymbol Posted - 06/22/2005 : 10:08:06
Hi. I'm new here and have some questions about TMS. I have been suffering from RSI in my right arm and shoulder on and off for 3 years now with it being much worse when I type. I have been to see a physiotherapist (useless), have had much osteopathy (which helps to a degree but is ££££), bought so many books on pain relief including The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook and Pain Free by Egoscue. I have now got round to Sarno's book, The Mindbody Prescription. I read the book and I totally agree with his theory. I've been talking to myself for the last few days, hoping that the theory will eventually sink in. I'm basically working through the pain which is as bad as ever. Especially at my wrists which feel sore, stiff and heavy. What I am slightly concerned about is that my wrists and shoulder constantly make a clicking sound. I've had x-rays and blood tests which are all normal. What I was wondering is whether the clicking sound and popping sensation could be part of TMS symptoms and if anyone else has experienced this? Does this also correct itself along with the pain? How long does it normally take for recovery to start (when will I notice a reduction in my pain symptoms?)

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Dina
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robbokop Posted - 06/22/2005 : 10:46:20
In my experience, most people have clicking joints - It's perfectly natural. It's just us TMSers latch onto it and think there's some big ominous structural problem. I know many people who's knees, necks, wrists etc click - there's nothing wrong with them! I used to get bad headaches and suffered a lot with tension and clicking in my neck - but I was focusing on it a lot and making it click if you know what I mean. Don't have them anymore and don't have the clicking either.

Dina, I had RSI too for 6 months, heaviness in my arms was one of the main problems. I read MBP and it disolved relatively quickly after that with a few relapses. I found one of the best ways to get rid of RSI symptoms after reading the book was to type and type and type - I did it one day to prove to my mind that there was nothing wrong with me. I wrote to the symptoms, telling them to go, that I understood there was no need for pain anymore. I just blabbed on and on at the symptoms to get lost and that seemed to help. It hurt but I didn't mind because I was convinced Dr Sarno was right! Did that quite a few times - that TMS soon took a hike!

Don't worry Dina - you arms are healthy and strong!

Look for the psychological reasons behind the pain.

Cheers,

Rob
johnnyg Posted - 06/22/2005 : 10:24:03
Hi Dina Welcome!

I have a similar popping and clicking going on, but it is in my neck, hips and back joints. I think it is part of TMS symptoms. My theory is that the muscles and maybe tendons, I don't know, get contracted and pull body parts a little out of place. Chiropractors latch onto this and crack the heck out of ya! Doctor Sarno thinks this phenomenom is similar to knuckle cracking and is completely harmless. I have found that as pain and tension subsides, so does some of the popping and clicking. Sometimes I feel like Mr. Potatohead!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000