TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 More Proof

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smth416 Posted - 06/11/2005 : 16:20:49
Hello forum,
Well my TMS symptoms had reached a plateau over the last month. My right side neck pain (which had returned recently) has been consistantly mild for a while now. My acne has not returned and my anxiety and depression (thanks to braking down and taking meds) has not been an issue.
About a week ago I woke up with severe sciatic pain in my LEFT buttock and down my leg. I am very familiar with sciatic leg pain having had a severe lower back injury and subsequent surgery.
Is this pain returning after two years? NO. How can I be sure, well my injury,pain and surgery were on the right side!
I have never had pain on my left side, have done no strenuous activity lately and have not fallen or anything. So why the sudden pain?
To me, although unpleasent, this type of obvious TMS pain popping up in a random spot is proof that all my pain is TMS.
Seems my brain is getting a bit careless when placing my pain lately.
Any thoughts on this? Al
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johnnyg Posted - 06/14/2005 : 07:59:38
Hi:

There is another thread here discussing taking medications. After talking to your doctor, you should consider not taking anti-depressants if possible. For a couple of years, I took an SSRI, occasionally zanax, etc. and some painkillers. These types of drugs, I believe, aid in the process of repression of emotions. Although TMS is benign, when I stopped medication, the pain was always worse.

Consider the fact that psychotherapy and TMS therapy aids in the discovery of repressed emotions and possibly release of them. Anti-anxiety meds tend to fool us into thinking our problems are ok, when really they are merely being tucked further away. They do the opposite of what TMS therapy is trying to accomplish. Also consider that Dr. Sarno strongly believes that depression and anxiety are TMS equivalents. That means that if you suffer from TMS and become very depressed or anxious while practicing the therapy, you have to fight it like you fight TMS, drugs will NOT work.
crk Posted - 06/11/2005 : 21:34:04
I have found that TMS pain "hops" around a lot. Our brains are trying to protect us from perceived damage and they have found a reliable mechanism to do it. But, in my opinion, the mechanism isn't a perfect, rational, fool proof system, so it switches spots from time to time. When I first discovered Sarno, I had chronic pain in 3 parts of my body, with 3 very believable diagnoses. In the course of revealing the TMS, those damn pains jumped around from spot to spot, left to right, and a couple of new ones thrown in for good measure.

THE most helpful strategy for me has been to focus on feelings and emotions and pinpoint the problems that set off the trigger. Now I just get the triggers, but am able to knock them down before they take hold. It is crucial to focus on what it was that you did, thought of, saw, etc. just when the pain popped up. Identify it and let your feelings about it come forward. When you can effectively remove the payoff (distraction from rage and anxiety), TMS will collapse.

Good luck,
CK

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000