TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Always something

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
art Posted - 06/06/2005 : 18:01:24
I'm coming to realize that getting squared away with one particular injury is only a small part of this whole process...

I think I can finally say that I've gotten the upper hand on my foot injury, but predictably no doubt, a different pain in the other foot has cropped up to replace it...

It's very discouraging as now I find myself facing the exact same issues..The line of thought being, ok, this is probably TMS but on the other hand given my recent activities its a perfectly logical over-use injury to get..

I've recently increased the distance on my kickbike and this would be exactly the kind of injury one might get..

So, back to the struggle of trying to take that same leap of faith. I always feel like I'm taking this big risk because there are just no guarantees. So the cycle of fear and worry and obsessing begins again..

It would be so nice to spend a few days enjoying the disappearance of the first foot problem..I'd like to bask in the glow of being brave, and persistent, and "smart" too in a way for figuring out some of what underlay the whole thing.

But..no rest for the weary. This TMS stuff can be pretty tiring, eh?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Texasrunner Posted - 06/09/2005 : 09:19:59
Before I knew about TMS, I remember having left knee pain (I run marathons) fo nearly five years. One day I woke up, and the knee pain was gone. The next day, it started up in the right knee. Today (running pain-free) I realize it was TMS...
marytabby Posted - 06/07/2005 : 08:16:30
Art,
I have the same thing with my wrists. My left wrist went awry in January and not long after I got a cortisone shot, my right one started up. This was when I started putting it together and realized it's traveling TMS. Just finding a new corner of my body to make its home in, as long as I let it. I can't say it's been easy, I still struggle with the wrists, even though the back is better.
Laura Posted - 06/07/2005 : 00:16:24
Dave is right! I've had the hardest time in the past being able to "laugh" at my dizziness problem but I have to say, it really works. I was at my local health food store, where I buy acidophillus and Progesterone cream, a couple of days ago. I asked to use the restroom, and as I walked over to the restroom I walked past this room that I used to go to see my naturopathic doctor in for our biofeedback sessions. I started seeing him when I first started getting dizzy. Just walking by the room and guess what? I got dizzy. I walked in the bathroom and started absolutely cracking up. It's funny already what my mind is doing to me. I figure, if I can induce a feeling by being in a place or walking by a room, then it's clearly TMS and it's clearly induced by my thoughts. So, laugh at it and it really does work!

Laura
Dave Posted - 06/06/2005 : 20:30:02
You should be laughing at the new pain instead of actually considering it might be a physical injury. It's as if you caught your brain in the act of inducing new symptoms. Your attitude should be I know what this is and I'm not going to allow it to distract me rather than but what if this new pain is a real injury?

Laugh it off and then ignore it. Ignoring the pain is half the battle; maybe more than half. It is really absolutely essential to recovery.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000