TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Nice to meetcha

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yolady Posted - 06/01/2005 : 23:08:24
I have been a fan of Sarno's since the early 90s and have lots of success dealing with various forms of TMS. Big problem: I really felt alone because I gathered that most people's symptoms don't reassert themselves or move around. This is certainly not true for me. Therefore, it is great to find this forum and others who, like me, seem to be life long TMS junkies

It isn't really funny, I know. But after years of dealing with symptoms of TMS (I have always said "oh, that's my narcissistic rage acting up")I am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired and I find that laughter helps me going. Which is probably the problem. We (I mean me, of course) are such BRAVE little soldiers. We just never quit. We truly are relentless perfectionists about everything in life. I have always wondered "why do I care?" but I do.

My greatest successes lately have been with a life time of constipation (it "runs" in the family -- my father could be said to have died from it) and with muscle cramps that were driving me nuts, waking me up in the night to jump around the room yelling "ow, ow, ow" for 20 minutes or more. Exhausting.

The constipaton, two years later, is non-existent as long as I remember to tell myself to go. If I forget, so does my colon.

Lately, I have been with three people who have had sudden cramps (leg and foot, a finger, even stomach). I yelled "focus on the cramp and tell it to 'stop it!'" They did and the cramp immediately stopped. Boy, were they shocked. Give it a try.

I could go on with similar success stories. There have been a few failures, too. For example, I told my cells to quit being silly, to open up and accept that insulin -- nope, I'm still type 2 diabetic. Ah well, mostly it works on whatever ails me. Plantar fasciitis has also not responded particularly well.

Thing is, I don't really believe that. I am inclined to think that TMS has SOMETHING to do with practically everything that ails me. It's just that without TMS I would drive myself relentlessly w/o any rest, ever. If I didn't have diabetes, I'd never pay attention to diet (too busy). If I didn't have plantar fasciitis, I'd walk hours a day, pounding along, refusing to listen to inner messages that I am doing too much. And on and on.

I think my own drivenness is related to having a really lousy relationship with my mom. NOT that again. Yes, I really do think so. I think that being unable to cosy up to mom, coupled with typical baby narcissism, resulted in a deep, deep, deep feeling that I am not good enough AND the universe is not to be trusted. If things had been a little worse I might have given up and died like the babies in a Romanian orphanage. A little better and -- who knows what life might be.

That's what I think.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/03/2005 : 03:43:24
Hi Yolady and welcome. I like your description of us all as TMS junkies - that's me all right. Of course, the main difference between us and real junkies is that they know from the start what it is that has made them addicts - we were in the dark for years as to what was causing our illnesses. Also, doctors and other medical professionals can point an addict on to the correct road towards recovery from the start.

We, on the other hand, have been very often led up the wrong paths by the same medical people.

Some of us have discussed at length the mother/child relationships you talk about. I've moved one of those discussions up so that you can have a look at it. It's entitled, 'Rage agains't my mom.'

Best wishes
Anne

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000