TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Everyday Stress

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carol Posted - 05/31/2005 : 17:57:32
I haven't posted for awhile, because I have been struggling with some of the worst pain I have had since this whole TMS thing started with me. I have been fighting like mad against the desire to give up and go back to the doctor, get some cortisone, take drugs, etc. I have thought about the many things in my life that I have anger about, and none of it had helped. The pain just got worse.

Then, a couple of days ago, something happened that was a huge eye opener. I live in a townhouse condo, and have for many years. I have always gotten along well with my neighbors and have never let little things get to me.

I share a small front flower bed with a neighbor. for the past couple years I have been putting in some nice perenials. Then, this spring my neighbor started growing a nice crop of dandelions, which she just let grow. They started to spread to my side of the flower bed and I was pulling them up constantly.

After stewing for a couple days, I saw her outdoors and asked if she minded if I pulled out the dandelions. She has a bad back so I said that I know it is hard for her to weed and I would be more than happy to do it for her. To my astonishment she said she didn't want me to and that she would take care of it. Well - my back went crazy that night and it dawned on me that it was the stupid dandelions that were causing it! It got a whole lot better almost instantly!

Since that day I have been paying attention to my reaction to everyday irritations and am finding that I am constantly getting angry over some dumb little thing, and then swallowing it because it is so trivial. Apparently it isn't trivial to my nasty gremlin, because I have gotten a lot better since I started to let myself feel the irritations instead of telling myself what a dumb, cranky, crabby old lady I am! I am still not going to blow my top or fight with someone if I am annoyed or angry over something stupid, but I am not going to hide the feelings from myself either.

This is a long and maybe pointless message, but maybe there is someone else out there who is looking for big stuff when it is the little stuff that is tripping him/her up! If so, this may help.

Carol
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
celestica Posted - 06/01/2005 : 05:16:16
A great and humourous message. Thank-you for the perspective.

Amelia.
Stryder Posted - 05/31/2005 : 22:09:41
Hi Carol,

Good post.

For years I used to eat all my emotions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My back was a mess for 25 years.

Now I swear and cuss at people every day, not to their face of course, in private, alone, with no one around.

Last weekend I moved and mixed, moved and poured 300 pounds of concrete and rocks 50 pounds at a time. No sweat.

Take care, -Stryder

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000