TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dave,Albert,and everyone....off topic note.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 05/29/2005 : 08:50:55

Has anybody noticed like I have,that the first year that they started doing real steroid testing,that the league batting averages have plummeted?? Check anything like Yahoo sports under "team batting averages" and you'll see.....league leaders in homers are on pace to hit 35-38...

Hmmmmmmmm????????????????????????????

Also....INJURIES have gone down substantially.......nobodies except schill is on the DL.

Teams are hitting .240-250....WINNING teams.....

They even lowered the mound this year....that should have driven averages UP!!!!

Just thought I'd mention it....

Marc

Baseball65
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stryder Posted - 05/31/2005 : 21:44:28
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
[For many players, I bet the psychological edge -- the confidence they gained by taking steroids -- was more important than the physical advantage.

Maybe someone should just distribute placebos to all the baseball players and tell them they are steriods ;-) -Stryder
Albert Posted - 05/31/2005 : 11:06:39
I believe that it's too early to know about how batting averages are going to turn out.

Alex Rodriquez is on pace to hit 55 home runs.
Alfonso Soriano 46.
Derek Lee 53.
Miguel Tejada 42.
"TROY GLAUS" 41.
Dallas Mcpherson 13 (Oops, how'd he make this list?)
Barry Bonds 0.
Another TMS guy, Jim Thome, hardly any.
The stats come from espn.com

Thus far they've caught a bunch of players, but none of the big shots. No surprise there.

Baseball65 Posted - 05/30/2005 : 09:10:43
Hi Dave

I agree 100%....I just finished a round of steroids for this Gnarly Bronchitis that my business partner and I came down with....after I had finished gagging to Death every morning,I was particularly edgey and aggressive the rest of the day(steroids were given by the doc to ease breathing and allow the funk to get out)

I think I drove my partner a little bonkers,as this was the first time I've been ill in a year.....I was certain we could find the psychological root of why we had become sooooo ill(we were sssssiiiiiiiiickkkkk!!!) .Louise Hay has Bronchitis under "irritation with Family,someone near to you,oftentimes silent"

He pointed out that the woman we were working with was gagging all over us on the first day of the job.I pointed out that I've been around sick people all winter without getting sick....epidemiology? Chance?

My buddy and I just left our nice and secure job to start our own business...just the two of us.Maybe he was mad at me for severing our old secure ties?

...or than again,maybe we just caught it.I've been able to sort out virtually every illness with MBP type principles,so it was a bit of a bummer to finally get "taken out"

We both just "got well" as soon as I landed our next gig.....

Hmmmmm?

Baseball65
Dave Posted - 05/29/2005 : 09:21:18
There is no doubt steroids increases performance by reducing muscle recovery time.

But in the end, hitting a baseball is about hand-eye coordination and confidence.

For many players, I bet the psychological edge -- the confidence they gained by taking steroids -- was more important than the physical advantage.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000