TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Good Medicine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kenny V Posted - 07/06/2004 : 10:53:37
Good Medicine

In Better Homes and Garden article titled “Laugh Your Way to Good Health,” Nick Gallo made an observation that echoes what King Solomon thousands of years ago:” A merry heart does good, like medicine” (Proverbs 17;22). Gallo said, “Humor is good medicine-and could actually help keep you in good health.” He quoted William F Fry M.D., who decried laughter as “ inner jogging” and says that it is good for a persons cardiovascular system.

Comparing laughter to exercise Gallo pointed out that when a person laughs heartily several physical benefits occur.

There is a temporary lowering of blood pressure.

A decreased rate of breathing.

And a reduction of muscle tension

He said that many people experience a “relaxed afterglow.” He concluded, “An enduring sense of humor especially combined with inner resources such as faith and optimism, appears to be a potent force for better health and healing”.

Always Hope For Recovery
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
2scoops Posted - 07/06/2004 : 11:31:10
Thanks for the post. It is actually good to read a post that takes our minds off the pain and focuses on good. I try to laugh more instead of being focused on the pain. It is good to see someone post something that actually helps rid of the pain.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000